College of Saint Elizabeth
The mission of the College of Saint Elizabeth, sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, is to be a community of learning in the Catholic liberal arts tradition for students of diverse ages, backgrounds, and cultures.
Characterized by a strong Catholic identity and values, the College is committed to:
- Scholarship and critical inquiry
- Just and ethical relationships
- Promotion of women as full partners in society in all its programs, including those which enroll both women and men
- Quality teaching
- Development of leadership in the spirit of service and social responsibility to others
- Promotion of a caring personal environment
- Learning through example and participation throughout the learning experience
Through the vision and values of Elizabeth Ann Seton, Vincent de Paul, and Louise de Merillac and rooted in Gospel values and in Catholic Social Teaching, the College of Saint Elizabeth affirms its solidarity with the poor and its commitment in service to the community.
Students are challenged both in and out of the classroom, to seek answers to the difficult moral questions of our time. Through intellectual discourse and study, students discover their obligations to others and their special responsibility to those who have no voice.
Because of our Catholic identity, students leave the College of Saint Elizabeth prepared to sit at the table of the world with spirits that are committed to promote justice, understanding, dialogue, and respect, whether it be in the business world, the hospital setting, the classroom, or the research laboratory.