Fundamentals: Giving Effective Feedback (Self-Paced)
Track: Online Learners
Delivery Mode: Self-Paced Workshop
According to research, feedback on learning is a key factor for improving learning outcomes and student satisfaction. While giving effective feedback can help drive your students towards success in your course and help them to better understand the material, it can also take a lot of time. In this workshop, you will identify different feedback strategies along with effective methods for efficiently providing feedback to your students. Many of the practices explored in this workshop can also help increase student engagement and improve faculty satisfaction and workload management.
- Identify effective student feedback strategies
- Develop methods for efficiently providing effective student feedback in your courses
This online workshop is entirely self-paced and is not instructor facilitated. The estimated time for completion is 6-8 hours, but you will likely find yourself spending more time as you investigate some of the additional resources that are provided. You will have 365 day access which will begin on the first day you enroll. This workshop has been divided into five modules which consist of brief narrated presentations, additional resources to explore, practice with the content, and module assessments.
- Module 1 – Providing Quality Feedback
- Module 2 – Grading and Performance Rubrics
- Module 3 – Feedback Challenges and Time Management Tips
- Module 4 – Balanced and Learner Centered Feedback
- Module 5 – Feedback Tools
Who should attend?
Faculty new to the online environment
Veteran online and blended faculty
Members can take our workshops at a discounted price. Not a member? Learn more about membership and Join here.
If you register and pay for a OLC workshop and are unable to enroll (due to personal schedule conflicts, illness, etc), we will be happy to apply your payment to another OLC workshop in the same calendar year upon your written request to email@example.com. No refunds will be given.
Accessing Your Workshop:
- Your workshop is located at: http://institute.onlinelearningconsortium.org.
- Once you have registered for this workshop, you will receive an email containing enrollment instructions and a workshop specific enrollment key. If you don’t see it in your inbox by the end of day, please first check your spam folder. If you still cannot locate the email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request enrollment instructions.
- To access your workshop you will need to create/have an account with our learning management system (LMS) at http://institute.onlinelearningconsortium.org
- Please note: Where you register for the workshop on this website and where the workshop takes place in the LMS are not the same. For workshop access you will need to create a different set of log-in credentials at http://institute.onlinelearningconsortium.org.