DAILY UPDATE for Friday, April 22
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Napoleon Foyer (3rd Floor)
Friday, April 22: 7:30am – 1:30pm
We hope you enjoy your final day at OLC Innovate! Thank you again to our partner, MERLOT, as well as the entire steering committee, track chairs, and others involved with planning this inaugural event. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Innovate 2017 (April 5-7), back here for one more year of fun in New Orleans!
Don’t forget that our next conference is OLC Accelerate 2016 ( November 16-18, Orlando). OLC Accelerate is the new name of the Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, now in its 22nd year. Join us in our commitment to accelerating online learning worldwide – the Call for Presentations is now open!
Innovating Learning in Organization – Plenary Panel
Rise and shine for our final general session, where our plenary panelists will conduct a discussion focusing on the challenges of innovation in learning organizations. 7:45am breakfast, 8:15am panel, Grand Ballroom (5th floor)
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:45am today.
Bonus Round! Meet the Exhibitors “mini” Stamp Card contest at the final Networking Coffee Break
An additional “mini” bonus card requiring 10 stamps will be provided at the Friday plenary for the Friday morning exhibit session. During our final networking coffee break, gather stamps from ten different exhibitors of your choice, then turn your card in at the registration desk. Two winners will be drawn for a complimentary OLC 2016/2017 future conference registration. Winners will be announced by Twitter and notified via email. Don’t forget to make your final rounds to booths to enter your name in booth raffle drawings as well! Final exhibit session: 10:30am-11:15am, Napoleon Ballroom Exhibit Hall (3rd floor)
Conclusion of the Solution Design Summit
The Solution Design Summit wraps-up today with the final groups pitching their solutions. Join these interactive sessions where participants can ask questions or give feedback on the group proposals. See who wins the grand prize! 9:45am and 11:15am, Rhythms II (2nd floor)
Calling all Students!
- Engage attendees in cross-institutional dialogue as a way to promote student voice and agency; and
- Establish a group of individuals who could collaborate to produce a series of digital public reflections on the OLC experience. 10:30am, PlugIn Lounge- Waterbury Room (2nd floor)
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presenter PPTs, and More!
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page.
- From the “Streamed Sessions” link, click on the desired session title.
- You will find and orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page for each session that is being streamed.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
Additional Items of Note
- The exhibit hall opens at 9:00am and closes at 11:30am today (Napoleon Ballroom, 3rd floor).
- Final chance to advance your career! Join our facilitator-led discussions in today’s Career Forum Roundtable, Moving from Operational Management to Leadership – What I Wish I Knew Before the Move. 11:15am, Estherwood (4th floor)
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 12:00pm. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located inside the exhibit hall, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Titanium Sponsors and to National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE LEARNING
Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Seeking Panel of Experts Members
- Five or more years of experience as a faculty member teaching in an online format;
- Academically qualified at your institution – earned master’s or doctoral degree in an area relevant to the subject taught;
- Identified as a respected expert in the field of online teaching (having published or presented); and,
- Currently working at one of the various types of higher education institutions:
- Community or Technical College
- Four-Year Institution
Preferred: Recipient of an exemplary teaching award at the institutional/system level or through an external recognition process;
SPANISH TRANSLATION: QUALITY SCORECARD
- Currently working in a higher education institution
- Fluency in Spanish
If your background meets our requirements, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.