OLC Effective Practices
To help make quality online education accessible and affordable for anyone, anywhere, at any time, the members of the OLC community share techniques, strategies, and practices in online education that have worked for them. All effective practices are peer reviewed to insure quality and to give submitters some documentation for tenure and promotion files. OLC focuses on five pillars of quality (see framework and narrative) in online education: access, learning effectiveness, faculty satisfaction, student satisfaction, and scale (institutional commitment to achieve capacity enrollment via cost effectiveness).
Effective Practice Submissions for 2018
Nominations due by 11:59pm ET August 30, 2018
Notification of acceptance by September 12, 2018
Deadline for presenters to accept is September 19, 2018
Deadline for presenters to register is September 19, 2018
Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is September 19, 2018
Final presentation upload date is November 1, 2018
We encourage you to submit your effective practices on topics related to innovation and/or technology that enhance the field of digital learning. Remember these practices are peer reviewed and can help with tenure and promotion. To add an effective practice, login to OLC and then click here: Add an Effective Practice (you must be logged in). Please note it will take time for peer reviewers to review EP submissions. We will email you when when the committee has made selections. All Effective Practice Award recipients for the current selection round will be asked to present their effective practice at OLC Innovate.
Preparing for Submission
To help you prepare for submission you will need to submit the following fields on the submission form.
- Brief Abstract of the Effective Practice
- Expanded Description of the Effective Practice
- Supporting Information to help us understand the Effective Practice – the community will see these support documents.
View the Effective Practices
- Sorted by Institution
- Sorted by Alphabetical Order
- Sorted by Pillar
- See Evidence for Effective Practice Awards
Effective Practice Awards Selection Committee
- Renee Aitken, AVP for Educational Effectiveness & Institutional Accreditation, Wright State University
- Jill Buban, Sr. Director Research & Innovation, Online Learning Consortium
- Bucky Dodd, Executive Director of eLearning and Innovations, University of Central Oklahoma
- Arifa Garman, Director of E-Learning, Gulf Coast State College
- Angela M. Gibson, Professor, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Jaya Kannan, Director, Office of Digital Learning, Sacred Heart University
Dr. Sedef Smith, Executive Director of Instruction & Faculty Development, University of Houston Downtown
Please contact Jill Buban, OLC’s Sr. Director Research & Innovation, if you have any questions: Jill.Buban@onlinelearning-c.org
Sign up for email updates to get notified of award nominations and winners.