EXCELLENCE AND INNOVATION IN ONLINE TEACHING AWARD
This award recognizes outstanding and creative use of appropriate educational technologies to teach an online and/or blended course in higher education.
Recipients will be recognized at the next OLC Accelerate conference with a commemorative plaque.
Nominations and Submissions
The Excellence and Innovation in Online Teaching Award is evaluated on four primary criteria:
Imaginative Approach: The nominee has implemented a creative approach to one or more emerging instructional challenges.
Quality of Course Materials and Instructional Strategies: The nominee has created well-designed course materials and utilized appropriate instructional strategies.
Learner Satisfaction: The nominee has demonstrated rapport with learners as well as other course participants.
Effective Learning Outcomes: The nominee has demonstrated effectiveness in achieving desired learning outcomes in the online course.
Materials required for submission:
- A detailed description of the course that provides evidence of how the course meets the award criteria.
- Supporting documentation demonstrating course development, implementation, and/or outcomes. Documentation may include but is not limited to assessment data, web address and/or screenshots, sample course pages, videos, or other evidence of quality.
- Three letters of support demonstrating how this program addresses the four evaluation criteria.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- April 13, 2020: Submissions open
- August 14, 2020: Nominations due by 11:59pm ET
- September 1, 2020: Nominees notified of award decisions
For additional information, please contact:
Director, Research Center
Online Learning Consortium
Sign up for email updates to get notified of award nominations and winners.