Blended Learning: Making Sense of All the Options
- “Understanding Blended Learning” (Chapter 01 of the BlendKit Reader)
- “Supporting Institutional Hybrid (Blended) Implementations” (Note: This is a pre-publication draft not intended for further distribution by OLC Collaborate Orlando attendees.)
- “Enrollment, Engagement, and Satisfaction in the BlendKit Faculty Development Open, Online Course”
Not into reading before OLC Collaborate Orlando? No problem! Just give a listen to each of these 20 minute podcast episodes while driving to the event. (Bonus: Additional supporting resources for your bookmarking are posted on each episode’s page.)
- “Blended Learning: Finding the Sweet Spot Between Faculty Preferences and Institutional Goals” http://bit.ly/topcast_s01e03a
- “Blended Learning Part Deux: Designing the Optimal Blend” http://bit.ly/topcast_s01e04a
Learning Through Questioning: How to Ask Questions of our Data and Gain Transformative Insights
Agudo-Peregrina, Á. F., Iglesias-Pradas, S., Conde-González, M. Á., & Hernández-García, Á. (2014). Can we predict success from log data in VLEs? Classification of interactions for learning analytics and their relation with performance in VLE-supported F2F and online learning. Computers in Human Behavior, 31, 542-550.
Rienties, B., Boroowa, A., Cross, S., Kubiak, C., Mayles, K., & Murphy, S. (2016). Analytics4Action Evaluation Framework: A Review of Evidence-Based Learning Analytics Interventions at the Open University UK. Journal of Interactive Media in Education, 2016(1).
Wise, A. F. (2014, March). Designing pedagogical interventions to support student use of learning analytics. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Learning Analytics And Knowledge (pp. 203-211). ACM.
Complete Florida and Competency-Based Education
Getting Started with Competency-Based Education: AQ&A with CBE Jump Start, Robert McGuide, Skilled Up
Competency Based Education Ecosystem Framework, Public Agenda with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Lumina Foundation
All Hands on Deck: Ten Lessons from Early Adopters of Competency-Based Education, Patricia Book, Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education