Welcome to OLC Accelerate 2016!
Welcome to Orlando! We hope you enjoy the conference, particularly 2016’s new features including Town Hall meetings, a new location and set-up for our Discovery Sessions, the Technology Test Kitchen Iron Chef Battles, and our new goosechase social networking game. Follow us on social media @OLCToday and use #OLCAccelerate when you post photos and commentary to social media and #OLCAccelerate will automatically be added to any tweets or facebook posts when you submit entries in the goosechase app.
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Please be sure to read through all of the updates below in order to be fully informed and prepared for next week’s events.
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Tuesday, November 15:
5:00pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday, November 16:
7:00am – 6:30pm
Thursday, November 17:
7:00am – 4:15pm
Friday, November 18:
7:00am – 1:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version includes improved search functions, performance enhancements, and is now part of our single sign-on improved user experience. Please log in using your primary OLC website user account.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to five individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Lounge page.
It’s autumn in the South, which means sunshine and occasional rain storms. Expect weather in Orlando to be highs in the low to mid 80s, and lows in the mid 60s. We recommend you bring an umbrella or poncho for your expeditions over to the parks. Don’t forget a sweater or jacket for air-conditioned conference rooms.
Whether you are driving or flying to Orlando, view your transportation options on the Travel Page. Note that parking at the Swan/Dolphin is complimentary for those attendees staying at the hotel. Attendees driving in for the day are required to pay the normal parking fees.
Wonder which colleagues are attending the conference? View the onsite attendee list here (.pdf). Please note: those attendees who opted-out of providing their contact information during the registration process are not included on this list. This list is for attendee networking only. Sharing the attendee list with any person, company, or institution outside of registered conference attendees is strictly prohibited.
Tuesday OLC pre-conference workshops and Wednesday morning pre-conference workshops are available to Accelerate conference attendees at an additional fee. For any workshop you plan to attend, be sure to click on your workshop session listing on the Program page. Look at the orange Session Materials button (in the upper right of the page) for possible handouts posted by your workshop presenter (must be logged into your OLC user account and have clicked on “Activate” above to access these uploads) and specific instructions (example: download a certain app to your mobile device) that may be posted in the session description. You will want to download and print any worksheets or handouts for that workshop and bring those with you. Workshop presenters will have a very limited number of copies on hand, and we are unable to print copies for you onsite.
Be Where the Action is…in the Technology Test Kitchen
Introducing…. the #OLCTTK, located in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall. Join us for Technology Test Kitchen sessions throughout the conference – participate in featured live demos, Chef’s Tables, Walk and Talks, Iron Chef Battles, and more. Hear from the experts, download the apps, play with some fun gadgets, and spend time innovating with our “chefs”! View the full schedule here.
Attend the Thursday Awards Luncheon
OLC invites you to join us for our annual Awards Luncheon. The luncheon takes place Thursday, November 17 at 12:00pm in Pacific Hall. Tickets will be available for purchase at the registration desk; $25 attendees, $60 guests. Be there for a great meal, help us recognize excellence in online learning, and enjoy some networking time with your peers.
Thurs Eve Disney Ticket Pickup
Don’t forget to pick up your Thursday evening Disney event tickets at the special conference Disney ticket desk in the Convention Foyer. Tickets must be picked up from conference ticket desk prior to departure for the event on Thursday. Reminder: Online ticket sales for the Disney evening events suspend after Nov 9. OLC will not sell any after 4pm Disney tickets between Nov 10-14. Beginning Nov 15, ticket purchases may be made onsite (as available) during conference registration desk hours. Starting Nov 9, OLC will not issue any ticket refunds or exchanges. Anyone wishing to sell their ticket may do so with a fellow attendee using #OLCTIXSWAP.
Additional Items of Note
- Focus groups will be conducted throughout the conference. If you received an invitation, consider accepting it. Most attendees find they leave a focus group energized and with many relevant take-aways from the session. These are primarily invitation only events with limited capacity, so RSVP right away if interested.
- New session types! Part of reinvigorating the conference is trying out a variety of new session types. Notice that rather than all standard presenter-with-PowerPoint led Education presentations, you will find our steering committee has developed a wide-array of new, interactive sessions. These include Express Workshops, Research Highlights, and Iron Chef Battles. Refer to the mobile app, website, or printed program for details. Come try something new and different! We will welcome your feedback on these new formats in our post-conference survey.
- Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Booth Drawing prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our new goosechase game and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 2 32GB and other prizes!
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops and mobile devices to sessions, as many presentations are interactive sessions. There are power stations located in the Atlantic Hall Exhibit Hall where devices may be recharged as needed.
- Info kiosks are strategically located throughout the conference space where you may access the OLC website and OLC Accelerate program.
- Complimentary wireless internet connection for conference attendees is available in the public and meeting space of the hotel. Those guests who booked their hotel through our conference website will also receive complimentary internet in their guest room.
- Guests staying at the Marriott SpringHill Suites can take advantage of the complimentary shuttle we have arranged to get you back and forth: Download the shuttle schedule (pdf).
- Check out the new additions to the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!