DAILY UPDATE for Friday, November 18
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Friday, November 18: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
We hope you enjoy your final day at OLC Accelerate! Thank you again the entire steering committee, strand chairs, and others involved with planning this event. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Accelerate 2017 (November 15-17), back here for one more year of fun in Orlando!
Join us today for Yoga with Kathryn, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor.
|Friday, 11/18||6:30am – 7:30am
||Asia 2||Slow Flow Yoga*|
Accelerated Change: Challenges And Opportunities – Plenary Panel
Rise and shine for our breakfast and our final general session, where our plenary panelists will conduct a discussion focusing on the new challenges and opportunities arise within academia, industry and government. 7:30am breakfast, Pacific Foyer/Portico, 8:30am panel, Pacific Hall
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:45am today.
Mobile Technology Test Kitchen and Conclusion of the Iron Chef Battles
The Technology Test Kitchen is “mobile” today and can be found in Northern Hemisphere C. The exhibit hall is closed today.
The TTK Iron Chef Battles wrap up today with the final battle. Winning teams from Heats 1-4 will engage in a final battle as they are presented with a pedagogical challenge and a set of tech “ingredients” that they’ll weave together to create an innovative solution. A panel of judges and the audience will vote on which “recipe” they’re most excited to try. 10:45am, Northern Hemisphere C
Closing Session – OLC Accelerate 2016: A Look Back And The Road Ahead
Join us in the Southern Hemisphere Foyer at 12:30pm for a wrap-up of OLC Accelerate 2016! Mingle with your fellow attendees as Dr. Jamila Lyiscott – through a merging of the traditional “talk summary” and spoken word poetry – presents a concluding talk/performance that draws from African American oral art and hip-hop culture. Dr. Lyiscott’s final presentation/performance will provide an interpretation of the key themes, trends, and questions generated during the conference, concluding her interpretation of how to accelerate these ideas in online teaching and learning.
Today’s Featured OLC Sessions
- Effective Practice Award Discovery Sessions, 9:45am, Northern Hemisphere Foyer
- DLIAwards: Themes And Trends In Digital Courseware (Nori Barajas, Tanya Joosten) – Education Session-Individual or Dual Presentation, 9:45am, Southern Hemisphere V
- OLC’s Quality Scorecards – Past, Present, And Future (Kaye Shelton, Karen Pedersen, Jennifer Mathes) – Education Session-Panel Discussion, 10:45pm, Oceanic 4
- Town Hall Sessions
Thursday Special Events
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level Sponsor special presentations, located in the Europe 1:
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presenter PPTs, and More!
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
Additional Items of Note
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 12:00pm. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located in the conference foyer near the conference registration desk, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Titanium Sponsors and to National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!