Building Community and Trust in an Online Environment through Intentional Course Design
Concurrent Session 2
The session highlights a process involving course design for a group counseling course taught exclusively online using both asynchronous and synchronous technology. The course is experiential and actively engages students in the course content and counseling process. Both the instructor and instructional designer will share the development process, tips for instructional design, and future considerations.
• Create an experiential learning experience in the online version of this course
• Build an active online community
• Create a secure environment for students while conducting group sessions
• Research and find different technologies to deliver group counseling sessions online effectively
• Add visuals and interactions to support and reinforce learning