The Impact of Personalized Learning on Low income and Underserved Post Secondary Students: Strategies for Expanding Educational Access From Early Innovators
Concurrent Session 8
Many underserved postsecondary students are balancing jobs, families and other priorities – often impeding their ability to complete their degree. Personalized learning can improve learning outcomes – but how can institutions make it accessible to all students? This panel will discuss strategies and best practices for implementing personalized learning at scale.
Low income and underserved postsecondary students are balancing jobs, families and other priorities – often impeding their ability to complete their degree or credential. While studies have shown that personalized learning is one tool that can help students to improve learning outcomes, how can higher education institutions provide access to truly personalized high-quality education at a cost that makes it accessible to all students who seek it?
Personalized learning platforms enable deep insights and rich analytics that can help institutions improve their ability to serve student populations that have traditionally struggled in academic settings. Additionally, the right personalized learning platform can become the foundation for developing new institutional capacity for developing, delivering and continuously improving high quality adaptive curricula. The session will detail the challenges and opportunities for implementing personalized learning programs at scale using the experience and journey of two innovative higher ed institutions serving largely minority student populations.
This session will be an interactive panel discussion of experts sharing strategies and best practices from the field. Participants will incorporate research, case studies and audience participation in the discussion. Each participant will also field questions from the audience at the end of the discussion.
1. Participants will understand how innovative institutions are using personalized learning platforms and analytics to expand access and better serve low income and minority students.
2. Participants will have an understanding of challenges, critical success factors, of implementing adaptive curricula to achieve a personalized learning program.
3. Participants will gain insight into strategies and best practices of implementing personalized learning at scale.
- Enabling the Data-Driven Decision-Making Environment
- Transforming the Student Experience