DAILY UPDATE for Wednesday, November 16
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Wednesday, April 20: 7:00am – 6:30pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Join us today for Yoga with Kathryn, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor.
|Wednesday, 11/16||6:30am – 7:30am||Asia 2||Slow Flow Yoga*|
|Wednesday, 11/16||2:00pm – 2:15pmgood
||Exhibit Hall||Stretch & Renew**|
Wednesday Morning Workshops
Wedensday pre-conference workshops begin at 8:30am. Pre-registered attendees will check in at the OLC registration desk in the Convention Foyer. Onsite registration is available for those still wishing to attend these workshops.
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s workshop sessions.
A limited menu of salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages will be available for purchase in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall from 11:00am – 1:30pm on Wednesday. (Vouchers will be provided for pre-conference workshop registrants.)
Wednesday Keynote Session “Goodbye, College as We Know It“
Following the final concurrent session of the day, join us at 4:45pm in Pacific Hall for our opening keynote with Michelle Weise, followed by concluding performance that draws from African American oral art and hip-hop culture by Jamila Lyiscott.
Today’s Featured OLC Sessions
- OLC Quality Scorecard Peer Reviewer Training (Kaye Shelton, Jennifer Mathes) – Pre-Conference Workshop, 8:30am – 11:30am, Northern Hemisphere D
- INTERNATIONAL LEARNING IN TIME: SCHOLARSHIP, PRACTICE AND POLICY FOR REAL WORLD, AUGMENTED REALITY AND VIRTUAL SPACE (Janet Poley, James Pappas, Meg Benke, Karen Swan, Marie Cini) – IACE HOF/OLC Panel, 9:00am – 11:30am, Asia 3
- Accelerate To Success With The OLC Scorecard (Narine Mirijanian) – Education Session – Individual or Dual Presentation, 1:00pm, Asia 3
- Alternative Credentialing In The United States: A Lens On Experiential Learning (Jill Buban) – Education Session – Individual or Dual Presentation, 2:45pm, Southern Hemisphere III
- Town Hall Sessions:
- Town Hall: Learning Effectiveness (Marti Snyder, Lisa Halverson, Anissa Lokey-Vega, Kimberly Bondeson) – Featured Town Hall, 12:00pm, Southern Hemisphere II
- Town Hall: Trends And Innovations (Kelvin Thompson, Amy Roche, Gus Roque, John Raible) – Featured Town Hall, 1:00pm, Southern Hemisphere II
- Town Hall: Learner Services And Support (Craig Lamb, John Raible, Shelley Armstrong – Featured Town Hall, 2:45pm, Southern Hemisphere II
- Town Hall: Development & Support (Robert Zotti, Marian Stoltz-Loike, Laura Dicht, Stephanie Jasmin, Dawn Clineman, Carolyn Stoll, Don Hodges) – Featured Town Hall, 3:45pm, Southern Hemisphere II
Wednesday Special Events
- Technology Test Kitchen Iron Chef Battles Heat 1 will take place on the Technology Test Kitchen (Atlantic Hall) at 1:00pm.
- Technology Test Kitchen Iron Chef Battles Heat 2 will take place on the Technology Test Kitchen (Atlantic Hall) at 3:45pm.
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level Sponsor special presentations, located in the National Sponsor Presentation Area – Atlantic Hall (located on right side of the Exhibit Hall):
- 10:00am – D2L – Best Practices For Assessment In Competency-Based Education
- 11:00am – Blackboard – 5 Tools That Make Online Teaching And Learning Fun And Worry-Free
- 12:00pm – CogBooks – Teach With Adaptive Learning – What Changes Can You Expect?
- 1:00pm – ProctorU – Above And Beyond HEOA Compliance – Online Proctoring And The Digital Age
- 2:45pm – Canvas – Sweaty Palms Is Not A Resort: Reducing Stress And Anxiety In Assessment
- 2:45pm – Blackboard (Europe 3) – 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Blackboard Learn
- 3:45pm – Mirum Learning – Developing Mobile Course Apps At Scale
- The 2016 class of OLC Fellows will be recognized immediately following the Wednesday keynote address.
- Welcome Reception – Immediately following the Keynote address and Fellows Awards, meet with our exhibitors and sponsors and join fellow conference attendees for networking during the OLC Accelerate Welcome Reception. Refreshments will be served.
- Take a look at our Special Events and Sponsorships page for information on event and contests/prizes.
Additional Items of Note
- WiFi is complimentary in WDW Swan and Dolphin guest rooms for those who booked rooms through the OLC travel page. WiFi is also complimentary in all conference meeting space. Meeting space WiFi log-in and password information: SSID: olc Password: olcwireless
- The exhibit hall opens at 10:00am today (Atlantic Hall). Coffee service and light snacks will be served. Lunch Marketplace for attendee purchase of salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages will be available 11:00am – 1:30pm. (Vouchers will be provided for pre-conference workshop registrants.)
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Booth Drawing prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our new goosechase game and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 2 32GB and other prizes!
- New this year, OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Pick-up your card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#210) no later than 3:15pm on Thursday. An iPad Air 2 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to winners at the Friday morning plenary session!
- One Grand Prize winner will be drawn from those who collect ALL the unique sponsor and exhibitor stamps to win. Grand Prize: iPad Air2 WiFi 32GB.
- Additional prizes will include a variety of gift cards.
- Minimum of 25 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Friday plenary.
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Technology Test Kitchen (located in the center of the exhibit hall, Atlantic Hall) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual recipe book. “Chefs” will be on hand to work with you! Don’t miss the special demonstrations, Chef’s Tables, Walk and Talks and Iron Chef Battles in the Live TTK Space throughout the day. #OLCTTK
- New this year, OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Check out the new additions to the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
Don’t Forget to Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version includes improved search functions, performance enhancements, and is now part of our single sign-on improved user experience. Please log in using your primary OLC website user account.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to five individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Lounge page.