Welcome to OLC Accelerate 2018!
OLC looks forward to welcoming you to Orlando next week for OLC Accelerate 2018. We hope you enjoy the conference, particularly our new complimentary Wednesday morning features including the OLC Global Quality Summit, the OLC Digital Learning Research Summit, and a variety of 3 hour workshops. Be sure to visit the Technology Test Kitchen and the new Speed Networking Lounge< in the exhibit hall on Wednesday and Thursday.
Follow us on social media @OLCToday and use #OLCAccelerate when you post photos and commentary to social media.
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Please be sure to read through all of the updates below in order to be fully informed and prepared for next week’s events.
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Tuesday, November 13:
5:00pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday, November 14:
7:00am – 5:30pm
Thursday, November 15:
7:00am – 4:00pm
Friday, November 16:
7:00am – 1:00pm
Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version has an improved platform as well as a new user interface and design. Please log in using your OLC user account to use features such as creating your custom schedule.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Presenters who receive 10 or more evaluations will be entered into a post-conference prize drawing for a $25 OLC gift card.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log in to your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log in to your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
It’s autumn in the South, which means sunshine and occasional rain storms. Expect weather in Orlando to be highs in the low to mid 80s, and lows in the mid 60s. We recommend you bring an umbrella or poncho for your expeditions over to the parks. Don’t forget a sweater or jacket for air-conditioned conference rooms.
Whether you are driving or flying to Orlando, view your transportation options on the Travel Page. Note that parking at the Swan/Dolphin is complimentary for those attendees staying at the hotel. Attendees driving in for the day are required to pay the normal parking fees.
Wonder which colleagues are attending the conference? Download the onsite attendee list (.pdf). Login required as an additional step to protect your information.
Please note: those attendees who opted-out of providing their contact information during the registration process are not included on this list. This list is for attendee networking only. Sharing the attendee list with any person, company, or institution outside of registered conference attendees is strictly prohibited.
Tuesday Exhibit Hall Preview – open to everyone
Check in to the conference early during our Tuesday evening early registration hours (5-7pm; Convention Foyer), then join our exhibitors in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall for a special preview event. A complimentary drink ticket and snacks will be provided to all attendees checking in to the conference at early registration. Stop by the Technology Test Kitchen to see what they are ‘cooking up’ during the conference, plus get an early start on your exhibitor stamp card for some fabulous prizes! Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffle prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our contests, including an OLC booth (#100) trivia contest, a social networking contest, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 32GB and other prizes!
Pre-conference Workshop and Wednesday AM Workshop and Summit Preparation
Tuesday OLC pre-conference workshops are available to conference attendees at an additional fee. Wednesday AM workshops and summits are included in your conference registration this year. For any workshop or summit you plan to attend, be sure to click on your workshop session listing on the Program page. Look at the orange Session Materials button (in the upper right of the page) for possible handouts posted by your workshop presenter (must be logged into your OLC user account and have clicked on “Activate” above to access these uploads) and specific instructions (example: download a certain app to your mobile device) that may be posted in the session description. You will want to download and print any worksheets or handouts for that workshop and bring those with you. Workshop presenters will have a very limited number of copies on hand, and we are unable to print copies for you onsite. All workshop and summit participants should bring their own laptop or device to the session.
Be Where the Action is…in the Technology Test Kitchen
Located in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall, the Technology Test Kitchen is open throughout the conference – participate in featured live demos, Chef’s Tables, Tech in the Spotlight presentations, and a special Escape Room event on Friday. Hear from the experts, download the apps, play with some fun gadgets, and spend time innovating with our “chefs”! View the full schedule here.
Attend the Tuesday Awards Reception
OLC invites you to join us for our annual Awards Ceremony. The ceremony and reception this year takes place Tuesday, November 13, 4:45pm – 7:00pm in Southern Hemisphere 2. A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase at the door $30. Join us for a special evening ceremony and reception as we honor OLC Award Winners and other leaders immersed in the higher education digital landscape. Best-in-Track Awards, Effective Practice Awards, OLC Fellows, and Digital Learning Innovation Awards will be presented. The emerging leaders of the IELOL class of 2018 and the OLC Leadership Network Event attendees will also be recognized. Congratulations to all of our award winners!
Attend the Thursday Women in Digital Learning Leadership Luncheon
We’re delighted to invite you to join us for lunch on Thursday, November 15, 12:00pm-1:20pm. The event will consist of a spotlight on how this event has impacted our field, a panel on journeys into leadership, and a networking activity connecting emerging and established leaders in digital learning. The luncheon is open to all, so grab a group of friends and join us! Tickets are required to attend and may be added to your registration or purchased onsite at the registration desk for $50. This luncheon supports the scholarship fund, and proceeds will provide one scholarship recipient with an OLC conference pass, hotel stay, and honorarium to cover travel costs.
Thursday Evening Disney Ticket Pickup
Don’t forget to pick up your Thursday evening Disney tickets at the special conference Disney ticket desk in the Convention Foyer. Tickets must be picked up from conference ticket desk prior to departure for the parks on Thursday. Reminder: Online ticket sales for the Disney evening tickets suspend after Nov 6. OLC will not sell any after 5pm Disney tickets between Nov 7-11. Beginning Nov 12, ticket purchases may be made onsite (as available) during conference registration desk hours. Starting October 30, OLC will not issue any ticket refunds or exchanges. Anyone wishing to sell their ticket may do so with a fellow attendee using #OLCTIXSWAP.
Additional Items of Note
- Looking for a little Florida sunshine and a fun way to meet new people? Join our Field Guides for our new daily Walk-n-Talk sessions.
- Focus groups will be conducted throughout the conference. If you received an invitation, consider accepting it. Most attendees find they leave a focus group energized and with many relevant take-aways from the session. These are primarily invitation only events with limited capacity, so RSVP right away if interested.
- Session types: Part of reinvigorating the conference is trying out a variety of session types. Notice that rather than all standard presenter-with-PowerPoint led Education presentations, you will find our steering committee has developed a wide-array of interactive sessions. These include Express Workshops, Panel Discussions, Discovery Sessions, Industry Showcase Sessions, and Technology Test Kitchen sessions. Refer to the mobile app, website, or printed program for details. Come try something new and different! We will welcome your feedback on these formats in our post-conference survey.
- Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffle prizes. Visit our Special Events page, participate in our social networking contest, OLC Booth drawing, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 32GB and other prizes!
- There are power stations located in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall and throughout the conference area where devices may be recharged as needed. Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops and mobile devices to sessions, as many presentations are interactive sessions.
- Info kiosks are strategically located throughout the conference space where you may access the OLC website and OLC Accelerate program.
- Complimentary wireless internet connection for conference attendees is available in the public and meeting space of the hotel. Those guests who booked their hotel through our conference website will also receive complimentary internet in their guest room.
- Guests who booked their hotel room at the Swan/Dolphin through the Accelerate website and have driven to the conference will receive complimentary parking at the hotel.