DAILY UPDATE for Friday, November 16
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Friday, November 16: 7:00am – 1:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Accelerate 2019 (November 20-22), back here for another year of fun in Orlando! Come help us celebrate the 25th anniversary of the OLC Accelerate conference!
Thank you again the entire steering committee, track chairs, and others involved with planning this event.
|Friday, 11/16||6:30am – 7:30am
||Asia 2||Slow Flow Yoga*|
*Slow Flow Yoga – Ready to start the day energized? Join us for a 1 hour Slow Flow yoga class with Janet, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor. Slow Flow yoga is made up of slow flow (three breaths per posture) including sun and/or moon salutations. Comfy clothes needed; bring your water bottle. We will provide towels to use if you don’t have a yoga mat with you.
Note: Attendees participate in yoga classes at their own risk. In the unlikely event of injury, please note that OLC and the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort may not be held liable.
Wednesday Keynote with Jean Twenge – IGEN: TEACHING THE SMARTPHONE GENERATION
Rise and shine for our breakfast and our final keynote address in Pacific Hall for our Friday keynote with Jean Twenge (San Diego State University).
– Breakfast 7:45am-8:15am in the Pacific Foyer, Keynote begins at 8:15am in Pacific Hall
– Breakfast continues to be available through the keynote until 9:30am
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:45am today.
Technology Test Kitchen “Escape Room”
We invite you to join in the Escape Room fun, and try your hand at collaborating on solving the online learning related puzzles that the Test Kitchen chefs design.
Each member of the winning team (max 10 members per team) will receive a $25 OLC gift card and an OLC T-shirt!
Join us in the Southern Hemisphere Foyer at 12:30pm for a wrap-up of OLC Accelerate 2018! Mingle with your fellow attendees as our 2018 conference chairs – Frank Tomsic and Sharon Goldstein – bid you adieu and lead the celebration and concluding remarks. Co-Executive Chairs Kathleen Ives, OLC CEO, and Patsy Moskal, OLC Board Member and Associate Director for the Research Initiative for Teaching Effectiveness at the University of Central Florida (UCF), will present concluding comments on the key themes, trends, and questions generated during the conference, as well as look forward on how to accelerate these ideas in online teaching and learning in 2019. Light refreshments will be served at this fun and casual event.
Today’s Featured Sessions
- Town Hall: Research, 11:45am – 12:30pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
Featured OLC Sessions
- Procurement And EdTech Tool Selection With A Focus On Accessibility, 9:45am – 10:30am, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Effective Practice Award Discovery Sessions, 9:45am – 10:30am, Northern Hemisphere Foyer
- Adobe Creative Campus: Creative Literacy In Action, 10:45am – 11:30am, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Association CEO Point/Counterpoint: Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow, 10:45am -11:30am, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Flipped Classroom Storytelling With Deep Media: “Ethics In Engineering” From Purdue University And The University Of Central Florida, 11:45am – 12:30pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
- What Do You Really Need To Offer High Quality Online Learning: A Brainstorming Session, 9:45am – 10:30am, Southern Hemisphere 1
Friday Special Events
- Walk-N-Talk, 9:45am – 10:45am, Meet in the Convention Foyer
Friday OLC Live! Interviews:
- 10:00am – 10:45am: Interview #5 with Maddie Shellgren, Live from the Technology Test Kitchen Escape Room
- 11:00am – 11:45am: Interview #6 with Angela Gunder and Jess Knott
- 11:45am – 12:00pm: Reflection & Wrap-up
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presenter PPTs, and More!
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
- You will have access to the on-demand streams for a full year post-conference.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
On-demand access of all recorded sessions is provided to onsite and virtual attendees post-conference for one year.
Additional Items of Note
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 11:00am. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located in the conference foyer near the conference registration desk, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Sponsors for their support of OLC 2017 conferences, as well as National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!