DAILY UPDATE for Thursday, November 15
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Thursday, November 15: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
|Thursday, 11/15||6:30am – 7:30am
||Asia 2||Slow Flow Yoga*|
*Slow Flow Yoga – Ready to start the day energized? Join us for a 1 hour Slow Flow yoga class with Janet, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor. Slow Flow yoga is made up of slow flow (three breaths per posture) including sun and/or moon salutations. Comfy clothes needed; bring your water bottle. We will provide towels to use if you don’t have a yoga mat with you.
Note: Attendees participate in yoga classes at their own risk. In the unlikely event of injury, please note that OLC and the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort may not be held liable.
Start your morning right with the OLC Community Breakfast
All attendees are invited to start the day with a fun breakfast gathering. Join your colleagues, meet new friends, and learn how you can get more deeply involved with the OLC community. Kick off your morning with a quick OLC trivia game and a chance to win prizes. 7:45am – 8:45am, Pacific Hall
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:00am today.
Women in Digital Learning Leadership Luncheon, 12:00pm – 1:20pm, Pacific Hall
We’re delighted to invite you to join us for lunch today. The event will consist of a spotlight on how this event has impacted our field, a panel on journeys into leadership, and a networking activity connecting emerging and established leaders in digital learning. The luncheon is open to all, so grab a group of friends and join us! Tickets are required to attend and may be added to your registration or purchased onsite at the registration desk for $50. This luncheon supports the scholarship fund, and proceeds will provide one scholarship recipient with an OLC conference pass, hotel stay, and honorarium to cover travel costs.
Lunch Marketplace, 12:00pm – 1:20pm, Atlantic Exhibit Hall
OLC and WDW Dolphin Hotel will offer an economical lunch option on Thursday, November 15 for attendees who have not purchased a ticket to attend the OLC Women in Digital Learning Leadership Luncheon. Visit the exhibit hall (Atlantic Hall) between 12:00pm – 1:20pm, where the Dolphin will offer a marketplace with a limited menu of salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages for attendee purchase. Cash and credit cards accepted. Grab lunch and spend some time visiting with our exhibitors before your afternoon sessions begin!
Today’s Town Halls
- Town Hall: Learning Effectiveness, 10:00am – 10:45am, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Town Hall: Leadership And Institutional Strategies, 1:30pm – 2:15pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Town Hall: Innovations, Tools, And Technologies, 3:15pm – 4:00pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
Featured OLC Sessions:
- Trends In Digital Learning: The OLC Research Center For Digital Learning And Leadership Environmental Scan, 9:00am – 9:45am, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Institutional Accessibility Strategy: What Does It Look Like?, 10:00am – 10:45am, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Meet The 2018 Digital Learning Innovation Award Faculty-Led Team Recipients, 10:00am – 10:45am, Southern Hemisphere 3
- Making Online Faculty Professional Development A Priority At Your Institution, 11:15am – 12:00pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Including Students’ Voices In Institutional Initiatives, 1:30pm – 2:15pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Meet The 2018 Digital Learning Innovation Award Institutional Recipients, 3:15pm – 4:00pm, Southern Hemisphere 3
- Graduate Student Discovery Sessions, 3:15pm – 4:00pm, Northern Hemisphere Foyer
- Active Learning Across Modalities: A Model For Interdisciplinary Faculty Development, 9:00am – 9:45am, Southern Hemisphere 1
- App Smackdown! A Battle Royale Of Education Technology, 11:15am – 12:00pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Creating Vibrant Online Student Support Services, 3:15pm – 4:00pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
Thursday Special Events
- Walk-N-Talk, 9:00am – 10:00am, Meet in the Convention Foyer
- Diversity and Inclusion Unoffice Hours, 10:45am – 11:15am and 2:15pm – 2:45pm, Asia 2
- Speed Networking Lounge networking event – Community College Meetup, 10:45am – 11:30am, Atlantic Exhibit Hall
- Speed Networking Lounge networking event – IDEA: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Meetup, 2:15pm – 3:15pm, Atlantic Exhibit Hall
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level Sponsor special presentations, located in the Europe 6:
- 10:00am – PSI – ***Repeat Session***: Create A Flawless Online Proctoring User Experience With PSI Bridge™
- 11:15am – Canvas – Canvas: An LMS That Powers Teaching And Learning
- 1:30pm – ProctorU – Validating Student Outcomes & Accreditation Standards With Online Proctoring Metrics
Thursday OLC Live! Interviews:
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Brief recap of OLC Live! and intro to the day’s activities
- 10:00am – 10:45am: Interview #3 with Devon Cancilla (OLC Cabinet) and Patsy Moskal (OLC Board)
- 10:45am – 11:15: Person on the Street “Quick Takes” during the Networking Break
- 1:45pm – 2:15pm: Technology Test Kitchen
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm: Person on the Street “Quick Takes” during the Networking Break
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm – Interview #4 with presenters Kelly Hermann & Cheryl Pruitt
- 3:45pm – 4:00pm: Recap the day and looking ahead to tomorrow
An Evening at Disney
Tickets need to be picked up at the OLC Registration area (special Disney ticket desk) in the conference space at the Dolphin. Dinner is on your own this evening. Tickets must be picked up from the conference ticket desk prior to departure for the event on Thursday. Anyone wishing to sell their ticket may do so with a fellow attendee using #OLCTIXSWAP.
Following the conclusion of Concurrent Session 8 at 4:00pm, guests who purchased tickets during registration will make their way over to one of the following:
- Attendees attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom or going to Animal Kingdom can catch the hotel Disney shuttle. Exit the WDW Dolphin by the front door and walk left down the walkway to the Disney Shuttle Bus stop. Board a free hotel shuttle bus to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Return via hotel shuttle bus as well. Buses leave every 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, avoid the wait and use your Lyft app to request and pay for a ride through the “Minnie Van Service”.
- For both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, we recommend walking the 10-15 minutes to the park, and then riding the Friendship boat back to the hotel (if desired). Riding the boat TO the park can mean long delays getting there. Maps are available at the OLC Disney ticket desk if you want to walk to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios.
Additional Items of Note
- The exhibit hall opens at 8:30am today (Atlantic Hall) and closes at 3:15pm. There are no Friday exhibit hall hours.
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Booth Drawing prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our contests, including an OLC booth (#100) raffle, a social networking contest, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 32GB and other prizes!
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Pick-up your card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#100) no later than 3:15pm on Thursday. An iPad Air 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to selected winners.
- One Grand Prize winner will be drawn from those who collect ALL the unique sponsor and exhibitor stamps to win. Grand Prize: iPad Air WiFi 32GB.
- Additional prizes will include a variety of gift cards.
- Minimum of 30 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email and Twitter on Thursday afternoon. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm ET Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. iPad will be mailed directly to the winner post-conference.
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Technology Test Kitchen (located in Atlantic Exhibit Hall) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual recipe book. “Chefs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCTTK
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Check out the new additions to the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
Have a great day!