DAILY UPDATE for Wednesday, November 14
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Wednesday, November 14: 7:00am – 5:30pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
|Wednesday, 11/14||6:30am – 7:30am||Asia 2||Slow Flow Yoga*|
* Slow Flow Yoga – Ready to start the day energized? Join us for a 1 hour Slow Flow yoga class with Janet, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor. Slow Flow yoga is made up of slow flow (three breaths per posture) including sun and/or moon salutations. Comfy clothes needed; bring your water bottle. We will provide towels to use if you don’t have a yoga mat with you.
Note: Attendees participate in yoga classes at their own risk. In the unlikely event of injury, please note that OLC and the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort may not be held liable.
Wednesday Morning Workshops and Summits
Wednesday morning workshops and summits begin at 8:30am. Attendance for these workshops is included in your OLC Accelerate conference registration (unless otherwise noted).
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s workshop sessions.
Exhibit and Networking Lunch
Join us for a “brown bag” lunch in the exhibit hall to kick-start your conference networking opportunities. Attendees will be provided a $25 voucher with their conference registration materials in order to purchase lunch in the exhibit hall Marketplace, allowing you to spend time networking and visiting with exhibitors before the afternoon conference sessions start. Vouchers are good for 11:30am – 1:00pm on Wednesday, November 14 lunch in the exhibit hall Marketplace only.
Field Guide Kick-off Event
If you plan to participate in the OLC Accelerate Field Guide Program, be sure to pick up your lunch at 11:30am and then proceed to Northern Hemisphere C to attend our Face-to-Face Kickoff Session,12:00pm-12:45pm.
Wednesday Keynote with Jane McGonigal – LEARNING HOW TO MAKE THE FUTURE
Following the final concurrent session of the day, join us at 4:30pm in Pacific Hall for our opening keynote with Jane McGonigal (Institute for the Future).
Today’s Featured Sessions
- Town Hall: Learner Services And Support, 2:00pm – 2:45pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Town Hall: Professional Development And Support, 3:30pm – 4:15pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
Featured OLC Sessions:
- Provosts And Digital Pedagogy, 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Southern Hemisphere 2
- Going Gameful: Level Up Your Learners’ Motivation, 2:00pm – 2:45pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Faculty Meetup – OLC Institute For Professional Development, 2:45pm – 3:30pm, Asia 3
- What’s In Your Tool Box? Tools To Optimize Social Presence And Student Engagement In An ELearning Environment, 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
- Measuring Online Graduate Student Connectedness And Engagement Activities That Impact Completion Rates, 3:30pm – 4:14pm, Southern Hemisphere 1
Wednesday OLC Live! Interviews:
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm: Kick-off OLC Live! with a broad overview
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: Interview with Presenters Lori Werth & Margaret Annuziata
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm: Interview #2 with Keynote Speaker Jane McGonigal
Wednesday Special Events
- Walk-N-Talk, 9:00am – 10:00am, Meet in the Convention Foyer
- Diversity and Inclusion Unoffice Hours, 2:45pm – 3:15pm, Asia 2
- Speed Networking Lounge networking event – Back to the Future Meetup, 2:45pm – 3:30pm, Atlantic Exhibit Hall
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level Sponsor special presentations, located in the Europe 6:
- Welcome Reception – Immediately following the Keynote address and Fellows Awards, meet with our exhibitors and sponsors and join fellow conference attendees for networking during the OLC Accelerate Welcome Reception. Refreshments will be served; don’t forget your complimentary drink ticket. Turn in the raffle ticket end to the OLC booth (#100) for a change to win a 2019 OLC conference registration.
- Take a look at our Special Events and Sponsorships page for information on event and contests/prizes.
Additional Items of Note
- WiFi is complimentary in WDW Swan and Dolphin guest rooms for those who booked rooms through the OLC travel page. WiFi is also complimentary in all conference meeting space. Meeting space WiFi log-in and password information: SSID: olc Password: olcwireless
- The exhibit hall opens at 10:00am today (Atlantic Hall). Exhibit & Networking “Brown Bag” Lunch (all attendees) will be available 11:00am – 1:30pm. ($25 vouchers will be provided with your registration packet.)
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Booth Drawing prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our contests, including an OLC booth (#100) raffle, a social networking contest, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 32GB and other prizes!
- New this year, OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Pick-up your card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#100) no later than 3:15pm on Thursday. An iPad Air 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to selected winners.
- One Grand Prize winner will be drawn from those who collect ALL the unique sponsor and exhibitor stamps to win. Grand Prize: iPad Air WiFi 32GB.
- Additional prizes will include a variety of gift cards.
- Minimum of 30 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email and Twitter on Thursday afternoon. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm ET Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. iPad will be mailed directly to the winner post-conference.
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Technology Test Kitchen (located in Atlantic Exhibit Hall) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual recipe book. “Chefs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCTTK
- New this year, OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Check out the new additions to the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
Don’t Forget to Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version has an improved platform as well as a new user interface and design. Please log in using your OLC user account to use features such as creating your custom schedule.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Presenters who receive 10 or more evaluations will be entered into a post-conference prize drawing for a $25 OLC gift card.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
On-demand access of all recorded sessions is provided to onsite and virtual attendees post-conference for one year.