DAILY UPDATE for Friday, April 20
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Ryman Hall Foyer B1 (Gaylord Opryland)
Friday, April 20: 7:00am – 12:30pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
We hope you enjoy your final day at OLC Innovate! Thank you again the entire steering committee, track chairs, and others involved with planning this event. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Innovate 2019 (April 2-5, 2019), at the new Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center in Denver!
Don’t forget that our next conference is OLC Accelerate 2018 (November 14-16, Orlando). Join us in our commitment to accelerating online learning worldwide – the call for proposals is open until May 23, 2018 and registration is now open!
Join us today for Yoga with Kathryn, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor.
|Friday, 4/20||6:30am – 7:30am
||Magnolia B Boardroom||Slow Flow Yoga*|
Friday Keynote Address – Onlife Learning: Moving Beyond Binaries, Getting To The Heart Of Education
Rise and shine for our breakfast and our final keynote address in Tennessee Ballroom for our Friday keynote with Ruha Benjamin.
– Breakfast 7:30am-8:15am in the Tennessee Ballroom; Keynote begins at 8:15am in Tennessee Ballroom
– Breakfast continues to be available through the keynote until 9:30am
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:45am today.
Final Networking Break
The exhibit hall is open until 11:15am today. Be sure to get those final stamps on your exhibitor/sponsor stamp card and turn your card into the OLC Booth (#701) no later than 11:15am to be eligible for prizes.
Conclusion of the Whose Design is it Anyway? Challenge
The Innovation Lab Whose Design is it Anyway? challenge wraps up today with the final round, 10:30am, Ryman Hall B1-B3 Innovation Lab
Join us in Tennessee Lobby A at 12:00pm for a wrap-up of OLC/MERLOT Innovate 2018! Mingle with your fellow attendees as OLC CEO Kathleen Ives and MERLOT Executive Director Gerry Hanley bid you adieu and lead the celebration and concluding remarks. 2018 Conference Co-Chairs Jessica Knott and Angela Gunder, along with the winner of our keynote ‘StarSearch’, will present closing comments on the importance of ‘failing forward’ in online teaching and learning in 2018 and beyond. Light refreshments will be served at this fun and casual event.
Today’s Featured Sessions
- Open Learning For All! Tools And Strategies For Saving Students Money On Course Materials With OER, 9:45am – 10:30am, Ryman Ballroom A/B
- Measuring What Matters: Quantifying Returns On Digital Learning, 9:45am – 10:30am, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- Failing-Forward With Rapid Prototyping Technologies, 11:15am – 12:00pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presenter PPTs, and More!
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings. Onsite attendees have on-demand access to all 75+ sessions that were live webcast for one (1) year post-conference.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
Additional Items of Note
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 11:00am. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located in the exhibit hall, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Sponsors for their support of OLC 2018 conferences, as well as National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!