DAILY UPDATE for Thursday, April 19
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Ryman Hall Foyer B1 (Gaylord Opryland)
Thursday, April 19: 7:00am – 5:30pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Join us today for Yoga with Kathryn, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor.
|Thursday, 4/19||6:30am – 7:30am
||Magnolia B Boardroom||Slow Flow Yoga*|
|Thursday, 4/19||10:45am – 11:00am
||Exhibit Hall (Ryman Hall B1) – Blogger Bar area||Stretch & Renew**|
|Thursday, 4/19||3:30pm – 3:45pm||Exhibit Hall (Ryman Hall B1) – Blogger Bar area||Stretch & Renew**|
Start your morning right with the OLC/MERLOT Community Breakfast
All attendees are invited to start the day with a fun gathering for breakfast! Come get to know your colleagues, learn ways to get more deeply engaged with the MERLOT & OLC communities, and participate in (or get the answers to) MERLOT & OLC trivia questions with a chance to win prizes.
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 8:45am today.
Thursday Morning Blended Learning Networking Break
Join us for blended smoothie drinks at Thursday morning’s networking break (10:30am – 11:15am, Ryman Hall B1-B3) as we highlight Blended Learning at OLC Innovate.
OLC/MERLOT Awards Lunch 12:00pm – 1:20pm, Tennessee Ballroom
Join us for lunch as we honor OLC and MERLOT Award winners for significant contributions to knowledge, practice, and innovation in online and blended learning. The OLC Effective Practice Awards and Best-in-Track Awards will be presented, as well as the MERLOT Classics Awards and other MERLOT Awards. Tickets for the awards luncheon ($30 onsite) are on sale onsite at the conference registration desk (Ryman Hall Foyer B, Convention Center Level 2).
All attendees and guests who wish to attend the Awards Lunch must purchase a ticket. OLC and MERLOT subsidize the additional cost of this plated three-course meal above the ticket fee for registered conference attendees. Guest lunch tickets are available as well ($65 onsite). If you do not plan to attend the Award Lunch, lunch will be on your own.
Thursday Keynote Address: Jordan Shapiro
Join us at 4:15pm in the Tennessee Ballroom for the Keynote: Beyond Future Proofing: Re-imagining School for a Connected World.
ProctorU Post-Keynote Party: “Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ” Happy Hour And A Half (all attendees)
You are invited to join ProctorU, an OLC 2018 National Titanium sponsor, immediately following Thursday’s keynote for a “Beer, Bourbon and BBQ” Happy Hour and a Half from 5:30-7:00 pm. Located in the lobby directly outside the general session (Tennessee Lobby A) you will be greeted by live country music provided by the Brassfield Alley band. Mingle with other conference attendees while enjoying BBQ sliders, a bourbon tasting station and beer or other drink of your choice. Once you’ve used your drink tickets, a cash bar will be available (so be sure to bring cash!) Kick up your heels and enjoy the band while networking with other attendees and get your evening off to a great start!
Stop by ProctorU’s booth (403) in the exhibit hall (Ryman Hall B1-B3, Conference Level 0) anytime Wednesday or Thursday to pick-up your two complimentary drink tickets – one for the bourbon-tasting station, and one for a regular drink – and plan to join us for a boot stompin’ good time!
Featured OLC Sessions:
- Drawing In The Age Of Technology: A Story Of Process Over Product And Vectors Over Bitmaps, 8:45am – 9:30am, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- MERLOT III – A New Resource For The 21st Century, 9:45am – 10:30am, Ryman Ballroom A/B
- Innovate Practices You Can Do Now: Lightening Talks On Teaching, 9:45am – 10:30am, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- A Town Hall On Diversity And Inclusion In Digital Education And Student Success, 11:15am – 12:00pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- Envisioning An Accessible Future Means Being The Change And Managing It Too, 1:30pm – 2:15pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- Confessions Of An Online Agnostic, 2:30pm – 3:15pm, Ryman Ballroom A/B
- Human Centered Design And Change, 2:30pm – 3:15pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
Thursday Special Events
- Innovation Lab Whose Design is it Anyway? – Round 2 will take place in the Innovation Lab (Ryman Hall B1-B3 Exhibit Hall) at 10:30am.
- Innovation Lab Whose Design is it Anyway? – Round 3 will take place in the Innovation Lab (Ryman Hall B1-B3 Exhibit Hall) at 3:15pm.
- Evening Campfire Gathering: Thursday Night: IDEA Night: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advocacy will take place 9pm-10pm in the Delta Pavilion.
Join us for a special networking event celebrating diversity and inclusion within our field, with a focus on the intentional support of all voices in online leadership. Bring your colleagues for community, camaraderie, and new collaborations to support advocacy for equity in our field. This event is open to participants of any gender and role – if you are a champion of diversity and inclusion within digital learning leadership, and want to participate in a gathering for a good cause, please accept our warm welcome to attend.
There is a $20 required donation to attend Thursday evening’s campfire gathering: IDEA Night: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advocacy. The ticket price includes one drink ticket and a dessert reception. The ticket fees collected will go towards the OLC Women in Digital Learning Leadership scholarship fund. Tickets can be purchased onsite at the conference registration desk.
Additional Items of Note
- The exhibit hall opens at 8:30am today (Ryman Ball B1-B3) and closes at 4:00pm.
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Booth Drawing prizes. Visit our Special Events page and learn about our contests, including an OLC booth (#701) drawing, a social networking contest, a daily step challenge, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Wifi 32GB and other prizes!
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Pick-up your card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#701) no later than 11:15am on Friday. An iPad Wifi 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to winners.
- Winners will be notified by email on Friday. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm CT Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. (The iPad will be mailed.)
- Minimum of 30 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Innovation Lab (located in the center of the exhibit hall, Ryman Hall B1-B3) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual lab manual. “Lab Techs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCInnovationLab
- Check out the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
Have a great day!