DAILY UPDATE for Tuesday, April 17
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Ryman Hall Foyer B1 (Gaylord Opryland)
Tuesday, April 17: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Tickets for Tuesday pre-conference workshops, Thursday’s Awards Luncheon, and Thursday’s Evening Campfire Gathering (IDEA Night) will be available for the purchase at conference registration desk. Pre-registered Tuesday pre-conference workshop attendees will check in at the door of their workshop room.
Today’s sessions (additional paid registration required):
- Creating A Culture Of Quality With The OLC Quality Scorecard, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Hermitage C
- Are You WCAG 2.0 Compliant? Designing For Accessible And Inclusive Learning Environments, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Hermitage D
- Implement The OLC Quality Scorecard As A Continuous Improvement Resource For Your Institution, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Hermitage C
- Ensuring Online Course Quality: Meet OSCQR!, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Hermitage D
- OLC Leadership Network: A National Collaboration Of Senior Leaders, 12:45 PM to 5:00 PM, Ryman Studio ABC
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s workshop session.
Go directly to your meeting room and check in at the door. All registration materials, including your name badge and program booklet, will be provided when you check in at the door of your pre-conference workshop.
*If you are registered for the workshop combo package (Tues AM and Tues PM workshops), we will provide a Tuesday lunch voucher.
New to OLC Innovate? Attended previous OLC conferences and want to share your knowledge and expertise? The OLC Ranger program is designed to enhance the conference experience for first-time conference attendees and anyone looking for additional networking opportunities at OLC conferences. The Ranger team has also put together several engagement maps to help you start planning which sessions to attend. Sign up or meet a ranger onsite at either the Ranger Station in the exhibit hall.
Tuesday Evening Campfire Gathering: Crafting and Making
Join us (9-10pm, Delta Pavilion) for the Tuesday Evening Campfire Gathering. After the days events (and with ample time for you to go grab dinner first), we will be hosting themed get-togethers as a venue to meet with friends, start up new collaborations, or just unwind from a day packed with innovative ideas. We’ll also have the supplies to make swaps as part of our new Swap + Meet initiative.
Additional Items of Note
Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version includes improved search functions, performance enhancements, and is part of our improved single sign-on user experience. Please log in using your OLC user account.
In addition to the OLC Conferences mobile app, we also recommend you download the Gaylord Hotels Mobile App to help you find your way around the resort. The resort’s wayfinding app uses iBeacon technology and is available for IOS or Android.
Don’t forget to download the Marriott Rewards mobile app (if applicable) for opportunities for mobile check-in and bonus rewards.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.