DAILY UPDATE for Wednesday, April 18
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Ryman Hall Foyer B1 (Gaylord Opryland)
Wednesday, April 18: 7:00am – 5:30pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Join us today for Yoga with Janet, a fellow conference attendee and certified yoga instructor.
|Wednesday, 4/18||6:30am – 7:30am||Magnolia B Boardroom||Slow Flow Yoga*|
|Wednesday, 4/18||10:15am – 10:30am||Exhibit Hall (Ryman Hall B1) – Blogger Bar area||Stretch & Renew**|
|Wednesday, 4/18||3:00pm – 3:15pm||Exhibit Hall (Ryman Hall B1) – Blogger Bar area
||Stretch & Renew**|
Wednesday Morning Workshops and Summits
Wednesday events begin at 8:30am. There is no fee to attend these Wednesday morning events. Continental breakfast will be available. Community College Summit and HBCU Summit attendees should check in at the registration desk, then proceed to their meeting rooms (Ryman Ballroom) for a 7:30am networking breakfast. Workshop attendees may check-in at registration, and then proceed to the exhibit hall for continental breakfast before proceeding to their workshop.
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s sessions.
Wednesday Morning Opryland Discovery Walk
Join us for an informal Opryland Discovery Walk on Wednesday at 9am. We will meet in the Innovation Lab and then proceed from there moving at a casual pace through the rest of the OLC Innovate conference space to help you acclimate and learn where to go to get the most out of your experience. This is open to all attendees, and accommodations for persons with disabilities will be honored wherever possible.
The Diversity and Inclusion committee members will be holding un-office hours in the Innovation Lab throughout the conference, and organizing an informal accessibility dinner Thursday at 7pm – sign up if interested in attending.
Wednesday Welcome Lunch
Join your fellow attendees for a networking lunch to kick off the OLC/MERLOT Innovate 2018 conference! Enjoy this opportunity to network with and meet fellow attendees prior to the start of regular conference programming. (RSVP requested) NOTE: If you are a Ranger Program participant or leader, you will attend a special Ranger Program Kick-Off lunch instead of the Welcome Lunch. Join the Ranger program leaders and OLC Staff at the Ranger program lunch at 12pm in Hermitage D (Magnolia Mezzanine Level).
Wednesday Keynote Campfire Stories
Following the final concurrent session of the day, join us at 4:30pm in Tennessee Ballroom for our Keynote Campfire Stories.
Today’s Featured Sessions
Featured OLC Sessions:
- On-Demand Learner Supports: Where And When They Are Needed, 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- The Future Of The University: The Internet And Human-Capacity Building, 2:00pm – 2:45pm, Ryman Ballroom A/B
- Transform Your Imagination Into Reality: AR, VR, And MR, 2:00pm – 2:45pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
- OLC Online Faculty Professional Development Framework, 3:30pm – 4:15pm, Ryman Ballroom D/E
Wednesday Special Events
- Innovation Lab Whose Design is it Anyway? – Round 1 will take place in the Innovation Lab (Ryman Hall B1-B3 Exhibit Hall) at 2:45pm.
- Today’s National Titanium level Sponsor special presentations:
- Welcome Reception – Immediately following the Keynote Campfire Stories, meet with our exhibitors and sponsors and join fellow conference attendees for networking during the Welcome Reception. Refreshments will be served. Don’t forget your complimentary drink ticket!
- Evening Campfire Gathering: Wednesday Night: Gaming will take place 9pm-10pm in the Delta Pavilion.
- Take a look at our Special Events and Sponsorships page for information on event and contests/prizes.
Additional Items of Note
- WiFi is complimentary in Gaylord Opryland guest rooms for those who booked rooms through the OLC travel page. WiFi is also complimentary in all conference meeting space. Meeting space WiFi log-in and password information: SSID: olc Password: olcwireless
- The exhibit hall opens at 8:00am today (Ryman Hall B1-B3). Coffee service is available there throughout the day. Don’t forget to join us during networking breaks for snacks and the opportunity to meet with your colleagues and our exhibitors.
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Visit our Special Events page and learn about exhibitor raffles and OLC contests.
- The hotel and conference space is large, so OLC is hosting a Step Challenge – post a screenshot of your step tracker app showing 10K or more steps with the date (4/18 and 4/19 are eligible) and include #OLCSteps to enter.
- Visit and get stamps from the exhibitors and sponsors to be eligible to win prizes:
- Pick-up your exhibitor stamp card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#701) no later than 11:15am on Friday. An iPad Wifi 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to winners.
- Winners will be notified by email on Friday. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm CT Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. (The iPad will be mailed to the grand prize winner.)
- Minimum of 30 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Visit the OLC booth (#701) to enter the OLC booth drawing.
- Use #OLCInnovate and @OLCTODAY on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook to enter the OLC Social Media Contest.
- Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Innovation Lab (located in the center of the exhibit hall, Ryman Hall B1-B3) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual lab manual. “Lab Techs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCInnovationLab
- The best part of any conference is the informal conversation that occurs in the hallways after an interesting session and at the end of the day. To close the gap between virtual attendance and in-person attendance, we are creating a virtual lounge where participants can ask follow up questions of presenters, talk to the Keynote speakers, and have conversations with other virtual attendees. We will also introduce an unconference component to OLC Innovate. Participants will suggest topics of conversation and then have open, roundtable discussions to identify key questions for online educational innovation and share their answers. The main Zoom room of OLC Live will be open for anyone, and it will be accessible both from the OLC website and via social media links. The room can hold up to 500 participants and also streams for unlimited further viewers. Visit the Virtual Hub pages for more information on virtual interaction and participation.
Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version includes improved search functions, performance enhancements, and is part of our improved single sign-on user experience. Please log in using your OLC user account.
In addition to the OLC Conferences mobile app, we also recommend you download the Gaylord Hotels Mobile App to help you find your way around the resort. The resort’s wayfinding app uses iBeacon technology and is available for IOS or Android.
Don’t forget to download the Marriott Rewards mobile app (if applicable) for opportunities for mobile check-in and bonus rewards.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.