Spark Me Up! Using Adobe Spark to Create Unforgettable Content and Media
Concurrent Session 4
Create impactful visual stories with Adobe Spark, one of the easiest tools for creating stunning and effective images, web pages and videos! Join us in this hands-on workshop to see uses of Spark in actual courses and leave with completed Spark examples of your own.
Do you need a fast way to create a digital story? Adobe Spark does that!
Are you looking for a tool that is simple to use? Adobe Spark again!
Do you need a tool that can be used by instructors and students at no cost? You guessed it! Adobe Spark!
Creating high quality multimedia can sometimes be a time consuming, technology rigorous, labor intensive, and expensive process. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We actually have a high-resolution (or high-definition) creation tools right in our hands (or on our desks). Smart phones, tablets and computers can do what the high-cost equipment used to do. (And often, it can do better!)
Adobe Spark is one of those tools. Adobe Spark enables everyone, especially instructors and their students, to easily create and share impactful visual stories using three stand alone or integrated tools: Video, Post, and Page.
This hands-on workshop will show participants how to use Spark as they create their own content using the tool.
Activities/Outline for the Spark Express Workshop:
• Upon entry: Participants will use their devices to either take photographs and/or search for their own images on their devices or cloud service and sign up for an Adobe account if they do not already have one.
• Introduction: Welcome and backchannel information for the session to refer to questions
• Overview of Spark: Needs, uses, and examples
• Learn It: Demonstration of how to create content for building a story using the Adobe Spark apps. Begins with creating images, then video, then a web page to put the story together.
• Do It: Participants will spend time creating their own content (graphics, video, and web page) to create their Spark artifacts
• Share: Participants will post their finished stories (weblinks) on a Padlet.
• Wrap Up: Summarize and share resource links
Session Outcomes – At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Identify uses for Spark in the classroom
2. Create a video of 1 minute or less using template in Adobe Spark Video
3. Create a graphic using an image of their own and Adobe Spark Post
4. Create a short web page using Adobe Spark Page