The Online Learning Consortium Invites You to Submit
Help OLC celebrate our 25th anniversary by submitting a proposal for Accelerate 2019: Accelerating Online Learning Worldwide: The Next 25 Years! The conference is held November 19-22, 2019 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
The OLC Program Committee seeks proposals that reflect and showcase our vibrant community of practice — promoting theory, research, methodology and/or applied effective practices in online, blended, and web-enhanced teaching and learning. Both research and evidence-based proposals are encouraged for submission.
Submit a winning proposal! Tune in to our recorded CFP webinar. Hear the Program Chairs and representatives from OLC Presenter Services as they discuss how to submit a winning proposal to OLC Accelerate.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET June 3, 2019 (extended from May 22)
- Notification of acceptance by August 2, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to accept is August 19, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to register is September 25, 2019
- Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is September 25, 2019
- Final presentation upload date is November 1, 2019
Notifications are sent to all presenters listed on each submission. All submissions are sent notification emails, regardless of acceptance status. Please be sure to “whitelist” emails from the @onlinelearning-c.org domain. If you do not receive a notification email by August 5, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to read through all of the information before you submit your proposal. Ensuring alignment with submission requirements and guidelines will positively affect the quality of your proposal.
- Align submission to the session type as shown on the Session Types and Details page. Be sure to align your abstract with any special requirements outlined in the session type requirements. Note that we have a new Gamified session type for OLC Accelerate 2019! Please see the Session Type page for more information.
- Also pay close attention to the Selection Criteria located on this page. Presentations are selected according to ratings in five major categories:
- Relevance to the conference
- Audience Appeal
- Interactivity (Active Engagement)
- Alignment to Session Specific Criteria
* Presenters should include active engagement methodology during presentations to encourage audience/participants to ask questions
- Review the Track Descriptions to ensure your proposal aligns with the correct conference track. We have updated a number of the tracks for Accelerate 2019, so you will want to carefully review the track descriptions and keywords before you ensure you submit your proposal to the correct track.
- Review the Submission Checklist for proposal components, requirements and helpful tips.
- Review the Presenter FAQs.
- Note that each individual is limited to no more than three (3) submissions, including the roles of presenter, co-presenter, panelist, or workshop facilitator.
Step 2: Fill out/Update Your Profile. When registering, please include as much information as possible in your OLC user profile, including your biography, a profile picture, and most current contact information.
Step 3: Ask Co-presenters Ensure Their Profile is Complete. All additional co-presenters also need to have OLC user accounts and should be added to the proposal at the time of submission. Please keep in mind that once you have registered or submitted a paper, all conference-related information can be found here at the OLC Accelerate 2019 website.
Step 4. Navigate to the Conference Management System. Proceed to the conference management system, you will be able to submit a proposal by clicking on “OLC Accelerate 2019” in the top menu navigation within the CMS.
Step 5: Select the Correct Conference. Select “OLC Accelerate 2019 > Submit Proposal” to begin.
Step 6: Submit Your Proposal. Fill out the submission form.
Step 7: Click “Save” to submit the submission form. Clicking save submits your proposal. Note: You may edit your proposal up until the submission deadline, after which all submissions are considered final.