DAILY UPDATE for Friday, November 22
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Friday, November 22: 7:30am – 1:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Accelerate 2020 (November 17-20), back here for another year of fun in Orlando! Come help us celebrate the 26th anniversary of the OLC Accelerate conference!
Thank you again to the entire steering committee, track chairs, and all the many other volunteers involved with planning this event.
Join us each day for Yoga with Janet, Functional Fitness with Jesse, or Meditation with Clark, fellow conference attendees and certified instructors.
|Friday, 11/22||6:30am – 7:30am
Slow Flow Yoga*
|7:45am – 8:15am||Europe 2||Meditation & Mindfulness***|
Note: Attendees participate in classes at their own risk. In the unlikely event of injury, please note that OLC and the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort may not be held liable.
8:30am-9:30am Friday Keynote with Ross Dawson – THE NEXT 25 YEARS: THE FUTURE OF ONLINE LEARNING
Rise and shine for our breakfast and our final keynote address in Pacific Hall for our Friday keynote with Ross Dawson, leading futurist, entrepreneur, author and Founding Chairman of futures think-tank Future Exploration Network.
7:45am-8:15am – Breakfast is in the Pacific Foyer, Keynote begins at 8:30am in Pacific Hall (breakfast continues to be available through the keynote until 9:30am)
9:45am – Regular concurrent sessions begin.
9:45am- 12:30pm – Technology Test Kitchen “Escape Room”
The Technology Test Kitchen moves to Northern Hemisphere C for an Escape Room event. The exhibit hall is closed today. We invite you to join in the Escape Room fun, and try your hand at collaborating on solving the online learning related puzzles that the Test Kitchen chefs design. Each member of the winning team (max 10 members per team) will receive an OLC swag bag.
12:30pm-1:15pm Closing Event – The Trends and Perspectives Review
Join us in the Southern Hemisphere 3 at 12:30pm for a wrap-up of OLC Accelerate 2019! The conference may be ending, but the fun and games are still going strong at our grand finale event. Bring a friend and challenge them to a game of Battleship, Operation, or another one of our classic games. Enjoy refreshments while chilling to some music and looking at photos of your friends and colleagues from the past 25 years. And make sure you don’t miss the feature event, an improv performance in the style of “Whose Line is it Anyway?”. Join in the laughs as we entertain, educate, and celebrate at OLC Accelerate’s 25th Anniversary closing event.
Featured OLC Sessions
- 9:45am – 10:30am – Do We Need The Provost To Lead Digital Transformation?, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 10:45am – 11:30am – Transforming Learning Via Learning Sciences: Applying Theoretical Positions, Research, And Approaches Within A Multidisciplinary Approach For Enhancing Learning, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 11:45am – 12:30pm – Digital Learning Innovation Trends, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 10:45am – 11:30am – Applying Cultural Humility In Online Learning, Southern Hemisphere 1 (Learner Services and Support)
Friday Special Events
- 9:45am – 10:30am – Talk-about (Friday), Meet in the Convention Foyer
Friday OLC Live!:
- 10:30-11:15am – Space Station Salon with Remi Kalir
- 12:30-1:00pm – Live Stream for Closing Celebration (Pending Connectivity and Ability to Film and Sip Mimosas)
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presentation Files, and More!
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log in to your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
Additional Items of Note
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 11:00am. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located in the conference foyer near the conference registration desk, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Sponsors for their support of OLC 2019 conferences, as well as National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!