The 25th annual OLC Accelerate conference, held November 19-22, 2019 in Orlando, FL, generated a great deal of energy, enthusiasm, and new connections. More than 1,623 onsite and approximately 1000+ virtual attendees participated, representing 49 states plus Washington DC and Puerto Rico, and 13 countries.
Taylor Kendrick, Instructional Designer, Samford University
Rayshad Ali, Institutional Research Officer, Hillsborough Community College
Susan Darlington, Director of Online Learning, Gwynedd Mercy University
The 100+ recordings are always free for registered attendees. If you were a registered attendee of the conference, the instructions and the activation link were emailed to you prior to the conference, and in the post-conference survey email. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
To purchase the recorded sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missed the conference? No problem!
Now you and your entire university can access 100+ recorded sessions including the Keynotes, featured sessions, select information sessions, and key vendor showcase sessions to view at your convenience.
|PACKAGE||MEMBER PRICE||NON-MEMBER PRICE|
|Buy 2, Get 1 Free||$260||$290|
|Buy 4, Get 2 Free||$520||$530|
|Buy 6, Get 3 Free||$780||$810|
|Unlimited Group Access||$1045||$1445|
Unlimited groups must provide us with a group manager who will serve as the designated support contact for recording access issues. Recording viewers are provided technical and customer service support through their group manager only. A member of the OLC Conference Team will contact you after purchase to set up your group manager.
The designated Group Manager must purchase this package first. Upon completion of this package registration, the Group Manager will receive the allotted number of package participant coupon codes to assign and distribute to each participant in their group. Each participant will then register themselves as an “Individual” Virtual Attendee and enter their unique package participant coupon code.
SAVE THE DATE! Join us in Orlando for Nov. 9-20, 2020 for OLC Accelerate 2020.
Sign up for conference updates to receive the latest information on Online Learning Consortium events.
by Sherri Restauri, Coastal Carolina University, Conference Co-Chair and IDEA Co-Chair, and Tracy Mullen Cosker, UNH Online, Conference Co-Chair
OLC Accelerate 2019 was held November 19- 22 in sunny Orlando, Florida at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort as we celebrated our incredible 25th anniversary serving in the digital and online learning space. There were over 1,600 onsite attendees representing 13 countries this year, along with more than 1,000 virtual participants learning and networking together this year for what turned out to be the single most successful conference yet, in our opinion. We are reaching more people across diverse locations, professions, and backgrounds, particularly as we continue our focus on increasing equity and inclusion throughout our educational outreach programs. Here are some of the things that made this year great, curated from the words we heard most frequently from first-time and returning OLC’ers alike.
OLC Accelerate 2019 was:
Personalized: Many sessions were hands-on and participatory with the attendees so we were able to incorporate our particular needs and experiences. With so many excellent tracks, session types, workshops and ways to get involved, tailoring the OLC experience to your individual needs was a real possibility.
Engaging: From engagement maps, field guides and walk-abouts, to vendors conversations in the exhibit hall and the presentation spaces; with exciting discoveries in the escape room and the technology test kitchen the opportunities for rich engagement were endless.
Interactive: everywhere and all the time. Loved the claw machine!
Upgraded: Discovery Session upgrades this year were PHENOMENAL (due to the thankful donation of sponsor MindEdge’s digital monitors for our presenter stations)
Fun: Opportunities to network and enjoy colleagues and new connections were plentiful. From sponsored events and receptions, to board games, puzzles and entertainment in the networking lounge there was something for everyone to explore during the “downtime”.
Applicable: “I learned so much!” “So many things I can bring back and apply immediately.”
Gamified: Attendees loved this new session type and really thought it brought a whole new level of energy to the conference.
Inclusive: We really could see there was an effort to broaden the programming and offerings across more diverse populations and offerings.
We couldn’t agree more with the above list–this is precisely the goal and we’re excited to review your conference attendee evaluations to hear even more feedback.
We also wanted to highlight for you from the Conference Chairs’ perspectives some of our favorite events from OLC Accelerate 2019, which include:
– Talithia Williams kicked off our Wednesday Keynote with an incredible, inspiring discussion regarding STEM/STEAM and considerations for support and growth of underrepresented groups within the educational and occupational realm. We also had the great pleasure of hearing Ross Dawson present at our final Keynote on Friday, with a focus on the future of online learning and the many antecedents pointing the way forward for us as digital learning educators.
– 14 incredible featured presentations, live-streamed to audiences throughout the world, representing each of our 6 program tracks this year; these featured presenters were selected based on peer-evaluations for quality and direct applicability to the conference attendees and themes. I had the great pleasure of attending some of these and found them each to be expertly presented; inspiring, and among the strongest hands-on sessions.
– This year we had 9 incredible Wednesday morning workshops and summits, including the new OLC Instructional Design Summit. In our roles as Conference Chairs, we were constantly asking for feedback from our attendees at the coffee breaks, lunches, breakfasts, and any other chance we had! I heard incredible feedback from the many first-time and returning OLC attendees this year, and we hope to continue to offer these as value-added items for our conference attendees in the future.
– OLC Live virtual meeting and summit opportunities pre- and during the conference engaged participants like never before! We were so excited to see all of the incredibly hard work by our Ops and Planning team come to fruition with these great sessions.
– Many side-line opportunities arose throughout the conference, whether impromptu lunches/dinners/coffee breaks with new and old colleagues, or even joining together with vendors on-site for their celebrations and gatherings.
This conference could not have been such an incredible success without the tireless work and contributions from the incredible committee; this Volunteer Team embodies the core principles of service and worked days, nights, and weekends for a year to pull together such an incredible event. Heartfelt thanks to these volunteers, and to the OLC community of staff who guided and supported along the way.
See you soon at our next OLC event!
Sherri & Tracy
Photo Galleries (These pages take a little longer to load. Thank you for your patience.)
- US-SINO Online Higher Education Forum 2019
- Instructional Design Summit
- General Conference
- Exhibit Hall/Technology Test Kitchen
- Wednesday Keynote Speaker – Talithia Williams
- Friday Keynote Speaker – Ross Dawson
All photos are the property of the Online Learning Consortium. If you would like a larger copy of any of the photos, or if you would like to use them for promotional purposes, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for the prizes below!
Booth Raffle Winners:
|Sponsor Company||Booth Drawing/Raffle Prize||Winner|
|OLC||Amazon Fire Tablet||Marjorie Bazluki, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse|
|Blindside Networks||Kindle with Black Leather Cover and Power Adapter||Courtney Steers, New York University|
Mission Passport Raffle Box Winners:
- Charlotte Jones, UCF, eBook Reader
- Melissa Youngman, RIT/NTID, Homeward Bound Package
- Erika Durning, Uconn, HydroFlask and $150 Amazon Gift Card
- Romy Hughes, TCU, 2020 OLC Conference registration
- Kim Allan, Gulfcoast, Toy Story Package
OLC Stamp Card Contest iPad Winner:
- John Robertson, Seattle Pacific University
Stamp Card Contest Gift Card Winners ($10 Assorted Gift Cards):
- Dawn Tolonen, Xavier University
- Deanne Valente, Felician University
- Courtney Steers, New York University
- Ben Mengarelli, Illinois State University
- Katharine Brown, Univ of North Florida
- Misty Hamideh, Portland State
- Jackie Klatt, Univ of New Hampshire
- Kara Bellnier, CCRI
- Adam Maksl, Indiana University
- Bei Zhang, Univ of VT
Session Evaluation Gift Card Winners ($25 Amazon Gift Card):
- Robert Zotti
- Tracy Barley
- Kim Allan
- Elisa Taylor
- Travis Perdue
- Melissa Williams
- Patricia Beyers Pelzel
Complimentary Conference Registration Winners:
Social Media Contest Winners ($25 OLC Gift Card):
- Anita Samuel, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
- MaryBeth Messner, Walsh University
- Jennifer Porter, University of Texas at Austin – OnRamps
Take a look at photos, videos, inspiring quotes, and more that were shared before, during, and after the conference by following the #OLCAccelerate hashtag!
Post-Conference Survey $50 Amazon Gift Card Winners:
- Rayshad Ali, Hillsborough Community College
- Holly C. Chase, California Southern University
Mediasite Keeps Conversations from OLC Accelerate 2019 Conference Alive with Dynamic Video
OLC Accelerate 2019 is over, but thanks to the power of video the conversations that took place there are still going strong. Online Learning Consortium (OLC) selected Mediasite to be the national webcasting partner for the event in Orlando, Florida last month.
Mediasite Events streamed OLC Accelerate 2019 to new online audiences. In the OLC Live! Virtual Hub online attendees could converse with presenters and their peers and watch sessions in real-time.
Through the live webcasts of more than 100 conference sessions, OLC engaged over 1,000 online attendees who were unable to make it to Orlando. They posed questions to presenters and, along with the 1,623 people who attended the conference on-site, can now re-watch these sessions on-demand on any device.
OLC Accelerate brings together academic leaders, faculty and administrators to discuss education innovation, including emerging technologies, how to incorporate intelligent learning management systems and designing blended classrooms.
“Each year, OLC Accelerate brings together online learning leaders, faculty, staff and researchers from around the world to explore digital education and emerging classroom technologies. Video platforms, like Mediasite, provide an essential pathway for this knowledge to be captured and shared beyond the confines of the conference itself. Mediasite allows for an open and unique environment for our remote attendees,” said Jennifer Mathes, OLC Interim Chief Executive Officer.
Mediasite also demoed its latest enhancements that help schools meet Gen Z learning demands, including a new caption editor, enhanced accessibility tools, in-video quizzing, student assignment submission and capture solutions for collaborative environments.
Trusted by more than 1,700 colleges and universities, the patented Mediasite webcasting and video content management system quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand videos for campus events, lecture capture and flipped learning.
Learn more at https://mediasite.com/education/.