DAILY UPDATE for Thursday, November 21
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Convention Foyer (WDW Dolphin)
Thursday, November 21: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Join us each day for Yoga with Janet, Functional Fitness with Jesse, or Meditation with Clark, fellow conference attendees and certified instructors.
|Thursday, 11/21||6:30am – 7:30am
Slow Flow Yoga*
|7:45am – 8:15am||Europe 2||Meditation & Mindfulness***|
Note: Attendees participate in classes at their own risk. In the unlikely event of injury, please note that OLC and the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort may not be held liable.
7:45am-8:30am – Start your morning right with the OLC Community Breakfast
All attendees are invited to start the day with a fun breakfast gathering. Join your colleagues, meet new friends, and learn how you can get more deeply involved with the OLC community. Kick off your morning with a quick OLC trivia game and a chance to win prizes. Come help us celebrate the 25th year of OLC’s annual fall conference – OLC Accelerate! 7:45am – 9:00am, Pacific Hall (program ends at 8:30am; breakfast available until 9:00am)
8:45am – Regular concurrent sessions begin.
12:00pm-1:15pm – OLC IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Advocacy) Leadership in Digital Learning Luncheon, Northern Hemisphere C
Join Melissa Vito, Interim Vice Provost for Academic Innovation at University of Texas San Antonio, for lunch and a conversation on dimensions of diversity in leadership promoting equity and inclusion. This luncheon celebrates diverse leaders in the field as well as those who aspire to become leaders in the digital learning landscape. The luncheon is open to all, so grab a group of friends and join us! Tickets are required to attend and may be added to your registration or purchased onsite at the registration desk for $60. This luncheon supports the scholarship fund, and proceeds will provide one scholarship recipient with an OLC conference pass, hotel stay, and honorarium to cover travel costs.
12:00pm-1:15pm – Lunch Marketplace, Atlantic Exhibit Hall
OLC and WDW Dolphin Hotel will offer an economical lunch option on Thursday, November 21 for attendees who have not purchased a ticket to attend the OLC IDEA Leadership in Digital Learning Luncheon. Visit the exhibit hall (Atlantic Hall) between 12:00pm – 1:15pm, where the Dolphin will offer a marketplace with a limited menu of salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages for attendee purchase. Cash and credit cards accepted. Grab lunch and spend some time visiting with our exhibitors before your afternoon sessions begins.
- 8:45am – 9:30am – Using Data Science To Increase Student Success In Online Education, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 9:45am – 10:30am – Changes In Federal Regulation And State Authorization, Southern Hemisphere 1
- 9:45am – 10:30am – A World Of Adjuncts: Challenges, Support, And A Way Forward, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 11:15am – 12:00pm – Launching A Successful Digital Accessibility Initiative, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm – Increasing Equity For Online Learners At Both Course And Institutional Levels, Southern Hemisphere 1
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm – Jump-Starting An Education Research Project: Applying A 4-Step Process To Plan Your Research, Southern Hemisphere 2
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm – When Learning Engineering Meets Instructional Design Southern Hemisphere 2
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm – Graduate Student Discovery Sessions, Northern Hemisphere Foyer
- 8:45am – 9:30am – Faculty Engagement In 3 Facilitation Models Of Online Professional Development Workshops, Southern Hemisphere 1 (Professional Development and Support)
- 11:15am – 12:00pm – Design Jam For The Five Senses, Southern Hemisphere 1 (Tools and Technologies)
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm – Breaking Out To Develop Creative Sustainable Online Programs, Southern Hemisphere 1 (Leadership and Institutional Strategies)
Thursday Special Events
- 8:45am – 9:30am – Talk-About (Thurs), Meet in the Convention Foyer
- 10:30am – 11:15am – IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Advocacy) Drop-In (Thurs AM), Atlantic Hall – Speed Networking Lounge
- 10:30am – 11:15am – Speed Networking Lounge – Networking Break: Administrators/ Emerging Leaders, Atlantic Hall – Speed Networking Lounge
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Advocacy) Drop-In (Thurs PM), Atlantic Hall – Speed Networking Lounge
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Speed Networking Lounge – Networking Break: Instructional Designers, Atlantic Hall – Speed Networking Lounge
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level Sponsor special presentations, located in the Europe 3:
- 8:45am – Canvas – Engineering Achievements For First-Gen Students
- 11:15am – TechSmith – Top 3 Things You Can Do With Video To Supercharge Your Online Courses And Save Time!
- 1:15pm – ProctorU – 9 Questions To Ask Every Online Proctoring Vendor
Thursday OLC Live!:
- 10:30am – 11:15am – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Sarah Clark
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Sarah Clark
- 3:45pm – 4:45pm – Intergalactic Escape Room
An Evening at Disney
Tickets need to be picked up at the OLC Registration area (special Disney ticket desk) in the conference space at the Dolphin by 12pm noon today. Dinner is on your own this evening. Anyone wishing to sell their ticket may do so with a fellow attendee using #OLCTIXSWAP.
Following the conclusion of Concurrent Session 8 at 3:45pm, guests who purchased tickets during registration will make their way over to one of the following:
- Attendees attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom (after 4pm access) or going to Animal Kingdom (after 5pm access) can catch the hotel Disney shuttle. Exit the WDW Dolphin by the front door and walk left down the walkway to the Disney Shuttle Bus stop. Board a free hotel shuttle bus to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Return via hotel shuttle bus as well. Buses leave every 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, avoid the wait and use your Lyft app to request and pay for a ride through the “Minnie Van Service”.
- For both EPCOT (after 5pm access) and Hollywood Studios (after 5pm access), we recommend walking the 10-15 minutes to the park, and then riding the Friendship boat back to the hotel (if desired). Riding the boat TO the park can mean long delays getting there. Maps are available at the OLC Disney ticket desk if you want to walk to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios.
Additional Items of Note
- OLC Accelerate Mission Passport raffle entries should be deposited into the raffle boxes at the Field Guide Station by 3pm today. Complete challenges with the Field Guides, the Speed Networking Lounge, and the Technology Test Kitchen to be eligible for prizes.
- Visit our Special Events page and learn about our contests, including an OLC booth (#225) raffle, sponsor and exhibitor booth raffles, a social networking contest, and our Exhibitor stamp card contest – win an iPad Air 32GB and other prizes! All stamp card entries entries should be turned in to the OLC Booth (#225) by 3pm today.
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- Pick-up your card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#225) no later than 3:00pm on Thursday. An iPad Air 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to selected winners.
- One Grand Prize winner will be drawn from those who collect ALL the unique sponsor and exhibitor stamps to win. Grand Prize: iPad Air WiFi 32GB.
- Additional prizes will include a variety of gift cards.
- Minimum of 30 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email and Twitter on Thursday afternoon. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm ET Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. iPad will be mailed directly to the winner post-conference.
- OLC is offering prizes for getting your exhibitor card stamped!
- The exhibit hall opens at 8:30am today (Atlantic Hall) and closes at 3:00pm. There are no Friday exhibit hall hours.
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Technology Test Kitchen (located in Atlantic Exhibit Hall) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation. “Chefs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCTTK
Have a great day!