DAILY UPDATE for Wednesday, April 3
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Please be sure to read through all of the updates below in order to be fully informed and prepared for next week’s events.
Conference Registration Desk – Aurora Registration
Wednesday, April 3:
7:00am – 5:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
WiFi is complimentary in Gaylord Rockies guest rooms for those who booked rooms through the OLC travel page.
Breakfast is available this morning in the Spruce Lobby (Level 1, by the workshop and summit rooms), 7:30am-9:00am.
Breakfast is available daily (Wed-Fri) for attendees; see the printed program daily schedule for location. Coffee is always available in the exhibit hall during exhibit hours, and soft drinks/snacks are served during networking breaks and at receptions and evening events. Lunch and dinner are on your own. Enjoy one of the many onsite eateries within the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center. Hoping to find a peer to dine with in Denver? Feel free to use the Message Board to connect with other attendees for dining plans. We also encourage you to use our #olcdiningbuddies hashtag to connect with other conference attendees looking to make lunch and dinner plans.
Yoga, Serenity Lodge, and Meditation
Take advantage of the Serenity Lodge (Mitzner Boardroom) for some quiet, reflective time throughout the conference. Start off your conference day with a meditation or yoga session to decompress, reconnect mind and body, and practice some self-care.
Yoga Style or Meditation
|Wednesday, 4/3||6:30am – 7:30am||Spruce 1||Slow Flow Yoga*|
|Wednesday, 4/3||7:30am – 8:00am
3:00pm – 3:30pm
Wednesday Morning Workshops and Summits
Wednesday events begin with continental breakfast starting at 7:30am in the Spruce Foyer. There is no fee to attend these Wednesday morning events.
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s sessions.
Wednesday Keynote with Tressie McMillian Cottom – DIGITAL SOCIOLOGIES: HOW INEQUALITY SHAPES OUR TECHNOLOGIES
Following the final concurrent session of the day, join us at 4:30pm in the Adams Ballroom for our opening Keynote with Tressie McMillan Cottom.
Today’s Featured Sessions
- The Report Reader Scorecard: A New Resource For Research Literacy, 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Juniper A
- The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly – Working With Gates Foundation, 2:00pm – 2:45pm, Juniper A
- Idea Hose: AI Design For People, 3:30pm – 4:15pm, Juniper A
- The New Professor: How I Podcasted My Way Into Students’ Lives (And How You Can, Too), 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Juniper B
- SOS! How To Assist Faculty With Developing High Quality And Accessible Video Lectures In 6 Easy Steps!, 3:30pm – 4:15pm JuniperB
Wednesday OLC Live! Interviews:
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Woman on the Street: CC Summit
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Woman on the Street: Rangers and Talk-Abouts
- 11:00am – 11:30am: Woman on the Street: HBCU Summit
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Keynote: Tressie McMillan Cottom
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm: Woman on the Street: Recharge Tour
- 9:00pm – 10:00pm: Woman on the Street: IDEA Night
Wednesday Special Events:
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Speed Networking Lounge Early Bird Welcome, Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Tour Of The Gaylord Rockies Resort And Convention Center (Wed AM), departs from the Ranger Station in Aurora Foyer
- 10:30am – 11:15am: OLC Ranger Talk-About (Wed), departs from the Ranger Station in Aurora Foyer
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Great Denver Design Off – Round 1, Innovation Studio (Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall)
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm: OLC Ranger Kickoff Lunch and Orientation, Summit 6/7, Pre-registration and tickets are required to attend this luncheon.
- 2:45pm – 3:30pm: Speed Networking Lounge – Community College/HBCU Meetup, Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall
- 2:45pm – 3:30pm: Diversity & Inclusion Drop-In (Wed Pm), Spruce 1
- 2:45pm – 3:30pm: Great Denver Design Off – Round 2, Innovation Studio (Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall)
- 5:45pm – 7:00pm: OLC Innovate Welcome Reception, Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall
Immediately following the Keynote Address, join your fellow conference attendees in the Exhibit Hall (Aurora Ballroom) for networking and to visit with our sponsors and exhibitors. Refreshments will be served; don’t forget your complimentary drink ticket!
- 9:00pm – 10:00pm: Wednesday Evening Campfire Gathering: IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advocacy) Celebration And Costume Party, Juniper Pre-funtion
We’re celebrating Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advocacy at this special event featuring music, dancing, and a costume competition. Bring your colleagues to enjoy a fun evening and to support advocacy for equity in our field. There will be prizes awarded for wittiest t-shirt, best costume of a historical woman, best just-in-time costume (made at the event), and best group costume. This event is open to participants of any gender and role – if you are a champion of diversity and inclusion within digital learning leadership, and want to participate in a gathering for a good cause, please accept our warm welcome to attend. There is a $35 required donation to attend the celebration, which includes one drink ticket and a dessert reception. The ticket fees collected will go towards the IDEA Leadership in Digital Learning scholarship fund. Tickets can be purchased at the conference registration desk.
- Today’s National Titanium and Diamond level sponsor special presentations are:
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm, TechSmith, Turn Ordinary Video Into Extraordinary Teaching With TechSmith Relay And Camtasia, Cottonwood 8
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm, Canvas, Canvas: An Engine For Student Success, Spruce 3
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm, ProctorU, Best Practices In Selecting The Right Online Proctoring Solution To Fit Your Program, Spruce 3
- 3:30pm – 4:15pm, PSI, Outside In: How To Design A Student-Centered Proctoring Experience With PSI Bridge™, Spruce 3
Additional Items of Note
- The exhibit hall opens at 8:00am today (Aurora Ballroom). Coffee service is available there throughout the day. Don’t forget to join us during networking breaks for snacks and the opportunity to meet with your colleagues and our exhibitors.
- Looking for something different to do during the conference and especially during networking coffee breaks? Visit our Special Events page and learn about exhibitor raffles and OLC contests.
- OLC is hosting a Step Challenge – post a screenshot of your step tracker app showing 10K or more steps with the date (4/3 and 4/4 are eligible) and include #OLCSteps to enter.
- Visit and get stamps from the exhibitors and sponsors to be eligible to win prizes:
- Pick-up your exhibitor stamp card at registration, visit each booth to collect a unique stamp, and turn your card in at the OLC booth (#600) no later than 3:30pm on Thursday. An iPad Wifi 32GB and various gift cards will be awarded to winners.
- Winners will be notified by email on Thursday afternoon. Winners can claim their prizes at the conference registration desk before 12:30pm MT Friday; otherwise prizes will be mailed. (The iPad will be mailed to the grand prize winner.)
- Minimum of 25 stamps must be collected to be eligible for gift cards; full card must be stamped to be eligible for iPad drawing.
- Visit the OLC booth (#600) to enter the OLC booth drawing.
- Use #OLCInnovate and @OLCTODAY on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook to enter the OLC Social Media Contest.
- Don’t forget to visit the exhibitors and enter to win some fabulous Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!
- Bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) and visit the Innovation Studio (located in the Aurora Ballroom Exhibit Hall) to interact with emerging technology, connect challenges to innovative practices through hands-on experimentation, and document your ideas in a virtual lab manual. “Lab Techs” will be on hand to work with you! #OLCInnovationStudio