Graduate students (currently enrolled or who have received a masters or doctoral degree within the past year) are invited to submit Discovery Session proposals for works in progress or completed research. We seek proposals that reflect and showcase our vibrant community of practice — promoting theory, research and methodology, and practice in online teaching and learning.
Up to three graduate student proposals will be accepted, and selected presenters will be recognized at the conference Awards Ceremony.
Benefits of Attendance and Presentation at OLC
- Share research ideas/results
- Network with OLC experts & attendees
- Sharpen Communication & Presentation Skills
- Receive Detailed Feedback from Experts in the Field
More about the Graduate Student Discovery Session Presentation Format
Proposals may include works in progress or completed research results. Discovery Sessions provide an excellent opportunity to present your ideas to your peers in a community forum.
Those presenting as a graduate student through this CFP process will receive a discounted registration rate of $300, as well as a ticket to the awards ceremony. Submissions must be entered as the session type “Graduate Student Discovery Session” to be eligible for this reduced registration rate.
Please note that each presenter must bring their own laptop.
We seek submissions by students currently enrolled in or recently graduated (within one year) from a Graduate (Master or Doctoral) program whose research is relevant to online teaching and learning. The proposal submission must follow the guidelines of the OLC Accelerate 2020 conference sessions. Note that each individual is limited to no more than one proposal submission to the Graduate Student Discovery Session type.
Proposal Review Process
The following questions, in addition to the OLC Accelerate 2020 CFP selection criteria, will guide evaluators in the proposal review process.
- Do the title and abstract clearly describe the presentation?
- Is the proposed topic timely and/or appropriate?
- Will this session positively contribute to the conference and to the field?
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Notification of acceptance by July 27, 2020
- Deadline for presenters to accept is August 17, 2020
- Deadline for presenters to register is September 23, 2020
- Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is September 23, 2020
- Final presentation upload date is Monday, November 2, 2020
For questions or additional assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.