The Online Learning Consortium and MERLOT invite you to submit
A proposal for presentation at OLC Innovate 2020: Education Reimagined, to be held March 31 – April 3, 2020 at the Sheraton Grand Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. This year’s theme is “Building Bridges in Digital, Blended, and Online Learning.”
The OLC/MERLOT Program Committee seeks proposals that reflect and showcase our vibrant community of practice — promoting theory, research, methodology and/or applied effective practices in online, blended, and web-enhanced teaching and learning. Both research and evidence-based proposals are encouraged for submission.
Interested in attending an upcoming webinar with OLC Presenter Services on how to “Create a Winning Proposal”? This webinar will take place Wednesday, August 28 at 3pm ET. The recording will be available after the live event.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET September 11, 2019
- Notification of acceptance by December 4, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to accept is December 18, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to register is February 5, 2020
- Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is February 5, 2020
- Final presentation upload date is March 20, 2020
Notifications are sent to all presenters listed on each submission. All submissions are sent notification emails, regardless of acceptance status. Please be sure to “whitelist” emails from the @onlinelearning-c.org domain. If you do not receive a notification email by December 6, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to read through all of the information before you submit your proposal. Ensuring alignment with submission requirements and guidelines will positively affect the quality of your proposal.
- Align submission to the session type as shown on the Session Types and Details page. Be sure to align your abstract with any special requirements outlined in the session type requirements. Note that we have a new session types for OLC Innovate 2020! Please see the Session Type page for more information.
- Also pay close attention to the Selection Criteria located on this page. Presentations are selected according to ratings in five major categories:
- Relevance to the conference
- Audience Appeal
- Interactivity (Active Engagement)
- Alignment to Session Specific Criteria
* Presenters should include active engagement methodology during presentations to encourage audience/participants to ask questions
- Review the Track Descriptions to ensure your proposal aligns with the correct conference track. We have updated a number of the tracks for OLC Innovate 2020, so you will want to carefully review the track descriptions and keywords before you ensure you submit your proposal to the correct track.
- Review the Submission Checklist for proposal components, requirements and helpful tips.
- Review the Presenter FAQ.
- Note that each individual is limited to no more than three (3) submissions, including the roles of presenter, co-presenter, panelist, or workshop facilitator.
Step 2: Fill out/Update Your Profile. When registering, please include as much information as possible in your OLC user profile, including your biography, a profile picture, and most current contact information.
Step 3: Ask Co-presenters Ensure Their Profile is Complete. All additional co-presenters also need to have OLC user accounts and should be added to the proposal at the time of submission. Please keep in mind that once you have registered or submitted a paper, all conference-related information can be found here at the OLC Innovate 2020 website.
Step 4. Navigate to the Conference Management System. Proceed to the conference management system, you will be able to submit a proposal by clicking on “OLC Innovate 2020” in the top menu navigation within the CMS.
Step 5: Select the Correct Conference. Select “OLC Innovate 2020 > Submit Proposal” to begin.
Step 6: Submit Your Proposal. Fill out the submission form.
Step 7: Click “Save” to submit the submission form. Clicking save submits your proposal. Note: You may edit your proposal up until the submission deadline, after which all submissions are considered final.