The Online Learning Journal (OLJ) in partnership with the Online Learning Consortium invites submissions for the graduate student sessions at OLC Innovate 2020. The conference will convene March 31 – April 3, 2020, at the Sheraton Grand Chicago in Chicago, IL. We will be selecting proposals for Graduate Student Discovery Session presentations, or conversational electronic poster sessions.
We seek proposals that reflect and showcase our vibrant community of practice — promoting theory, research and methodology in online, blended, and web-enhanced teaching and learning. Note that each individual is limited to no more than one proposal submission to the Graduate Student Discovery Session type.
Benefits of Attendance and Presentation at OLC
- Share research ideas/results
- Network with OLC experts & attendees
- Sharpen Communication Skills
- Receive Detailed Feedback from Experts in the Field
More about the Graduate Student Discovery Session Presentation Format
Proposals can include works in progress, research results, collaboration opportunities, or pilot projects. Discovery Sessions provide an excellent opportunity to present your ideas to your peers in a community forum.
Those presenting as a graduate student through this CFP process will receive a discounted registration rate of $300, as well as a ticket to the awards ceremony.
Please note that each presenter must bring their own laptop.
We seek submissions by students currently enrolled in or recently graduated (within one year) from a Graduate (Master or Doctoral) program whose research is relevant to online, blended, and digital teaching and learning. The proposal submission must follow the guidelines of the OLC Innovate 2020 conference sessions.
Proposal Review Process
The following questions, in addition to the OLC Innovate 2020 CFP selection criteria, will guide evaluators in the proposal review process.
- Do the title and abstract clearly describe the presentation?
- Is the proposed topic timely and/or appropriate?
- Will this session positively contribute to the conference and to the field?
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET September 11, 2019
- Notification of acceptance by December 4, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to accept is December 18, 2019
- Deadline for presenters to register is February 5, 2020
- Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is February 5, 2020
- Final presentation upload date is March 20, 2020
For questions or additional assistance, email email@example.com.