DAILY UPDATE for Tuesday, April 4
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Conference Registration Desk – Napoleon Foyer (Sheraton New Orleans)
Tuesday, April 4: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Wireless Internet Access for Conference Space
Tickets for Tuesday pre-conference workshops and Thursday’s Awards Luncheon will be available for the purchase at conference registration check-in. Pre-registered pre-conference workshop attendees will check in at the OLC Innovate conference registration desk in the Napoleon Foyer.
Today’s sessions (additional paid registration required):
- Introducing Digital Learning Technologies On Your Campus, 9:00am – 4:00pm in Bayside A/B (4th Floor) (invitation only, lunch provided)
- In Search Of A Quality Online Program: Steps For Program Evaluation And Improvement, 9:00am – 12:00pm in Nottoway (4th Floor) (lunch* is on your own)
- Virtually Inspired: Showcasing Innovations In Online Learning, 1:00pm-4:00pm in Nottoway (4th Floor) (lunch* is on your own)
- OLC Leadership Network, 12:30pm – 7:00pm in Rhythms I ( (invitation only, lunch provided)
BYOD! Don’t forget to bring your own device (laptop, tablet, smart phone) for today’s workshop session.
*If you are registered for the workshop combo package (Tues AM and Tues PM workshops), we will provide a $25 meal voucher for lunch in the hotel.
Additional Items of Note
- The Solution Design Summit Advisory Sessions on Wednesday morning have been moved from Rhythms II to Oak Alley.
Download the updated OLC Conference Mobile App
Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
Available now in the Google Play store for Android
We are continuously improving our app. This new version includes improved search functions, performance enhancements, and is now part of our improved single sign-on user experience. Please log in using your primary OLC website user account.
Please note: As part of our “green” initiatives, OLC is no longer using paper forms for session evaluations. Please use the OLC Conference mobile app or website to evaluate each session by clicking on “Evaluate Session” within each session listing.
Each session evaluation you complete (limited to one per session) using the mobile app will be one entry into our contest. There will be five $25 gift cards awarded to five individuals who complete session evaluations using the mobile app.
Create Your Personal Schedule
Add and remove sessions from the Program/Sessions listing on the website or in the mobile app to create a list of sessions you want to attend! Access your personalized list of sessions from the “My Schedule” tab on the Program page.
You must log into your OLC user account in order to access this scheduling feature. As long as you are logged in, your selections should sync across devices.
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log into your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Lounge page.
Don’t forget to check out the new additions to the Sponsor and Exhibitor Booth Raffles!