Introduction to Online Presentation ToolsTrack : Online Tools
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Presentations are an important method for delivering content to students in the online environment. In this workshop, you will explore web-based presentation tools that leverage the 2.0 potential to engage learners, build communities, and promote continuing dialogue. You will explore techniques for making presentations more interactive and meaningful for students, and hold their attention in asynchronous environments.
- Evaluate various online presentation tools
- Create a short online presentation
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Strategies for approaching the initial purpose and design of a presentation
- Access to the presentation design toolkit with “action guides” to help design effective online presentations
- Creation of a presentation design checklist to evaluate the quality of your presentations
- Creation of an online presentation using tools and strategies presented during the workshop
Who should attend?
- Faculty new to the online environment
- Faculty teaching in all modalities
- University staff who provide training
- Instructional Designers
- Educational Technologists