Creating YouTube Videos for Teaching & LearningTrack : Online Tools
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Are you looking for new multimedia strategies for your virtual or blended classroom? Join experts from the OLC Institute as we explore an easy-to-use online video delivery platform, YouTube. You will learn how to navigate through the Creator Studio in YouTube as well as organize video content to support your instructional goals in just about any classroom environment. In this collaborative learning environment, you will learn to create a video, determine the best licensing and privacy settings, implement an interactive component to the video and manage closed captioning for accessibility purposes.
- Explore pedagogical uses and technological features within YouTube to support instructional goals in the classroom
- Create an educational or instructional video using YouTube as the delivery platform
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on Monday and end on Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time for completion: 7 days.
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty who teach in any modality
- K-12 teachers
- Instructional designers
- Educational technologists
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Resources for getting started in and uses of YouTube in an educational setting
- Strategies and best practices for creating an effective video and/or educational lesson
- Examples of tools to use when creating videos that you can upload to YouTube
- Considerations for copyright and accessibility for videos that you create
- A video lesson uploaded to YouTube