Creating an Interactive SyllabusTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
The syllabus is one of the most essential elements of any college level course; however students often overlook the syllabus and therefore miss out on key information about the expectations of your course. In this workshop, you will explore a variety of tools which can be used to design a syllabus that is better organized, visually more interesting, and engaging for your students. By adding a clear navigation structure, multimedia, and interactivity, you can grab students’ attention, improve their ability to access the information, and clearly convey your key points.
- Explore a variety of technologies for developing an interactive syllabus
- Create an interactive syllabus with multimedia elements
This workshop is a three day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Wednesday and ending the following Friday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 3 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in any modality
- Instructional designers
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Practical examples and technology tools to make your syllabus more interactive
- Guidelines for how to make your syllabus accessible when making it interactive
- A redesigned interactive syllabus for your own course