Creating Effective PresentationsTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Presentations in the online environment need to creatively engage students to help them process and understand content in the absence of a face-to-face faculty member. In this workshop you will discover elements of an effective presentation that support learning, explore a process for creating presentations, and develop skills for preparing presentations for online delivery. You will have the opportunity to practice easy-to-master graphic and information design principles that will increase the effectiveness of your online presentations.
- Explore elements of effective online presentations.
- Create a presentation incorporating graphic, presentation, and information design best practices.
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in any modality
- K-12 Teachers
- University administrators
- University staff
- Instructional designers
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Access to the presentation design toolkit, containing resources and strategies for creating effective presentations
- Guides and tools for planning and creating an engaging presentation
- A new or redesigned presentation created using tools and strategies reviewed during the workshop