Creating Infographics for LearningTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Infographics use data and graphic design to tell stories, teach concepts, and present information. Online activities integrating visual data can develop content literacy and analytic thinking. In this workshop, you will learn how to locate, evaluate, and integrate infographics into your teaching, as well as explore the possibilities for creating infographics with your data. You will review the research behind what makes infographics so compelling, and why they are effective cognitive tools for communicating information and data.
- Explore ways that educators can use infographics to improve student learning
- Create an infographic for use in an online course
- Design an activity integrating an infographic for use in an online course
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Different ways infographics can be integrated into teaching and learning
- Resources and tools to use to create an infographic
- An online activity using an infographic OR an individually created infographic
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in any modality
- Instructional designers
- Educational technologists
- University staff involved in training or education