Creating RubricsTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Rubrics are an effective tool to evaluate learning and promote effective feedback practices. In this workshop, you will learn how to create and use rubrics to efficiently and consistently evaluate student work. You will discuss the qualities that make a rubric successful, while exploring best practices for grading and assessing students in the online environment.
- Identify elements and examples of well-designed holistic and analytic rubrics
- Create a holistic and analytic rubric aligned to specific learning objectives
This workshop is a three day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Wednesday and ending the following Friday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignmentsTotal length of time to completion: 3 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching in any modality
- Instructional designers
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A better understanding of the different type of rubrics and their uses
- Strategies for developing an effective rubric
- An individualized holistic rubric and an analytic rubric for a course assignment