Designing a Flipped ClassroomTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Flipped learning is a model of teaching in which the more passive learning activities such as watching lectures, happen outside of the classroom, saving more in-person class time for interactive activities. Flipping the classroom is currently one of the most popular trends in education at all levels! In this workshop, you will explore different flipped design models and the educational benefits of the flipped design. You will gain a deeper understanding of how to implement this strategy into your own teaching.
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of flipped design models
- Design a flipped learning plan appropriate for your course
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in face-to-face or blended modalities
- Instructional designers
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A comprehensive overview of flipped learning
- Learning strategies and examples of tools to create flipped learning activities, for both in-class and online courses
- An individualized flipped learning design worksheet to create flipped activities for your own class