Strategies for Evaluating Online FacultyTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
With the change in format from ground-based courses to online and hybrid courses, different criteria may need to be considered for the evaluation of faculty effectiveness. In this workshop, you will focus on designing or refining evaluations used for online faculty, which can consist of student evaluations, peer evaluations, and overall evaluations. You will learn about different models for evaluation, theory, and strategy with a focus on evidence-based methods for effective evaluations.
- Discuss various methodologies for evaluating online faculty
- Develop a faculty evaluation form aligned with institutional goals
This workshop is a seven day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Monday and ending the following Sunday. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- An overview of best practices for faculty evaluation processes, including the Checklist for Online Interactive Learning (COIL) and the 7 Principles of Effective Teaching
- A comparison of evaluating on-ground versus online faculty, and full-time versus part-time faculty
- Examples of faculty evaluation methods
- A draft faculty evaluation form to use at your institution
Who should attend?
- Program Administrators
- Academic Deans
- Directors of Online Programs
Note: This workshop is eligible for a digital badge for participants who complete all three workshops in the Faculty Foundations Series (Managing Faculty Workload, Strategies to Support Online Faculty, Strategies for Evaluating Online Faculty). Upon completion of all three workshops, participants should contact email@example.com to notify. A badge will be issued after confirming that all requirements have been met. Please note that badges will not be issued for workshops completed prior to 2019.