Strategies for Supporting Online FacultyTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Adjunct and non-tenured faculty play a pivotal role in the success of online programs. Whether they are industry specialists, retired academics, freelancers or scholars, an institution's ability to effectively orient and engage part-time faculty in the institutional culture is even more important online. In this workshop, you will explore strategies for providing effective support for these faculty, including training, faculty development, and recognition for quality work. You will learn how to develop effective faculty support strategies for their own programs and institutions.
- Identify research-based practices for retaining quality adjunct faculty
- Develop a support plan for online adjunct/part-time/non-tenured faculty.
This workshop is a three day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Wednesday and ending the following Friday. Total length of time to completion: 3 days.
What are the key takeaways of this workshop?
- Research-based practices for retaining quality adjunct faculty
- Examples of faculty support systems and methods
- A guide for evaluating current faculty support strategies at your institution
- A plan for faculty support in an area where a gap was identified
Who should attend?
- Online program administrators and staff
- University administrators
- Faculty development specialists