Strategies to Improve RetentionTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Today, one of the biggest challenges in online education is the high rate of students who do not complete their programs. In this one week asynchronous workshop, join an expert facilitator from the OLC Institute as you identify the most significant retention challenges and learn how research-based strategies can be employed to increase retention and improve student satisfaction and success. With your colleagues from the field, you will evaluate evidence-based best practices from other institutions as you develop a plan that will increase student retention in your own institutional setting.
- Identify the most significant challenges to retention of online students
- Discuss and develop solutions for retaining online students
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- An assessment of current practices for online retention
- A comparison of retention versus attrition and methods to address each
- A discussion of factors and concerns that influence student retention/attrition in online courses
- Online course level retention strategies
- A retention best practices assessment list
Who should attend?
- Online program staff and administrators
- Online faculty