Exploring Interactive Video ToolsTrack : Online Tools
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Interactive video content encourages active learning and participation from students. In this workshop, you will explore free online video tools and easy to implement strategies for creating interactive video. The interactive video format enables you to add quizzes, embed resources, and place discussion questions directly into your videos, transforming the learning experience from passive to one that is engaging for students.
- Discuss how interactive video can engage learners and promote active learning
- Create interactive video content to support your teaching
This workshop is a three day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Wednesday and ending the following Friday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 3 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in online and blended formats
- Instructional designers
- Educational technologists
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- An overview of what interactive video is and how it can benefit learning
- Tools and resources to use to create an interactive video
- Example uses of interactive video in the online and on-ground classroom
- A short interactive video to support your teaching