Fundamentals: Giving Effective FeedbackTrack : Online Learners
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
According to research, feedback on learning is a key factor for improving the learning outcomes and student satisfaction. While giving effective feedback can help drive your students towards success in your course and help them to better understand the material, it can also take a lot of time. In this workshop, you will identify different feedback strategies along with effective methods for providing feedback to your students efficiently. Many of the practices explored in this workshop can also help increase student engagement in the class and help with faculty satisfaction and workload management.
- Identify effective student feedback strategies.
- Develop methods for providing effective student feedback efficiently in your courses.
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
Who should attend?
- Faculty new to the online environment
- Veteran online and blended faculty
- Instructional designers
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A better understanding of the different types of feedback
- Tips and strategies for creating and applying effective feedback in your course
- Examples of effective feedback for different scenarios