Helping Faculty with New Course Development - ID1Track : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : No
This course is designed to help new online instructional designers be confident in their knowledge and abilities in guiding new faculty through the online course development process. Participants will discuss how to dispel the initial apprehensions for teaching online, strategies for planning online faculty development experiences, creating and managing online course development milestones, and the practice and procedure for implementing a continuous improvement plan.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering.
- Determine the scope of the instructional designer role at your institution
- Identify instructional design challenges
- Generate potential solutions to instructional design challenges
- Analyze the course development process at your institution
- Identify challenge areas in the course development process
- Develop a solution to a course development challenge
- Analyze the faculty development program at your institution
- Propose revisions to improve the effectiveness of your faculty development program
- Describe the relationship between program evaluation and continuous improvement
- Apply Kirkpatrick’s 4 Levels of Evaluation model
- Analyze the effectiveness of a faculty development program evaluation plan
Week 1: Instructional Designers & Your Institution
Week 2: The Course Development Process
Week 3: Faculty Development Strategies
Week 4: Evaluating Impact & Continuous Improvement
Who Should Take this Program?
- Instructional designers who work directly with faculty in the course design and development process
- Librarians and multimedia specialists who also take on the role of an instructional designer
- Online faculty who also support online course design and development at their institution
At least one year of experience in supporting online course design and development in an instructional design capacity.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering. If participants decide to complete the full program by paying for each workshop individually, they have two years from the time that they enroll in their first course to complete the entire program (note that the bundle discount does not apply to this option).
Please note that coupons and workshop passes do not apply to this offering.
If you register and pay for a OLC workshop and are unable to enroll (due to personal schedule conflicts, illness, etc), we will be happy to apply your payment to another OLC workshop in the same calendar year upon your written request to email@example.com. No refunds will be given.