Curating and Evaluating Resources for Faculty - ID2Track : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : No
This course is designed to allow participants the opportunity to explore and discuss tailoring resources for online faculty, including tools, strategies and curating techniques. Techniques for helping online faculty integrate resources into their online courses, such as multimedia, open education resources, and social networking tools are also explored.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering.
- Explore social bookmarking for collecting, curating, and sharing resources
- Develop strategies for making resources accessible to faculty
- Create a resource list for use by faculty and instructional designers
- Analyze strategies and methods used to evaluate online resources, OER, and online teaching and learning tools
- Create an evaluation checklist for evaluating new online tools
- Create an evaluation checklist for evaluating online resources and OER
- Apply strategies for effectively organizing online resources
- Develop strategies for making useful resources more easily accessible to faculty
- Evaluate methods for effective resource sharing
- Create a faculty support resource
Week 1: Collecting Resources
Week 2: Evaluating Resources
Week 3: Organizing and Developing Resources
Week 4: Developing and Sharing Resources
Who Should Take this Program?
- Instructional designers who work directly with faculty in the course design and development process
- Librarians and multimedia specialists who also take on the role of an instructional designer
- Online faculty who also support online course design and development at their institution
At least one year of experience in supporting online course design and development in an instructional design capacity.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering. If participants decide to complete the full program by paying for each workshop individually, they have two years from the time that they enroll in their first course to complete the entire program (note that the bundle discount does not apply to this option).
Please note that coupons and workshop passes do not apply to this offering.
If you register and pay for a OLC workshop and are unable to enroll (due to personal schedule conflicts, illness, etc), we will be happy to apply your payment to another OLC workshop in the same calendar year upon your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given.