Course Quality Review (OSCQR) - ID4Track : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : No
In this course, participants will be introduced to the OLC and Open SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR) rubric and process. They will discuss its pedagogical and research foundations, and review its course quality review standards and associated criteria. Participants will complete a formal course review using OSCQR and recommend improvements and institutional implementation strategies, and as a culminating activity will create a customized version of the OSQCR rubric to address the course quality needs at their institution. Upon completion of this course, successful participants will be a qualified OSCQR trainer, enabling them to train faculty at their own institutions.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering.
- Describe the OSCQR process and rubric components
- Analyze the OSCQR rubric criteria
- Apply the OSCQR rubric in an online course quality review
- Evaluate the results of an OSCQR review
- Compare the OSCQR rubric to other widely used course quality rubrics
- Critique the OSCQR rubric criteria for specific use at your institution
- Create a customized version of the OSCQR rubric based on your institutional quality needs
- Articulate the obstacles and implications of implementing OSCQR at your institution
Week 1: Tour of OSCQR
Week 2: Conduct a Course Review with OSCQR
Week 3: Evaluating OSCQR
Week 4: Customizing & Implementing OSCQR
Who Should Take this Program?
- Instructional designers who work directly with faculty in the course design and development process
- Librarians and multimedia specialists who also take on the role of an instructional designer
- Online faculty who also support online course design and development at their institution
At least one year of experience in supporting online course design and development in an instructional design capacity.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering. If participants decide to complete the full program by paying for each workshop individually, they have two years from the time that they enroll in their first course to complete the entire program (note that the bundle discount does not apply to this option).
Please note that coupons and workshop passes do not apply to this offering.
If you register and pay for a OLC workshop and are unable to enroll (due to personal schedule conflicts, illness, etc), we will be happy to apply your payment to another OLC workshop in the same calendar year upon your written request to email@example.com. No refunds will be given.