Introduction to Learner Experience (LX) Design Methods, Part 2 - Experience MappingTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Learner Experience (LX) Design utilizes well-established user experience (UX) design, service design, and design thinking methods to focus the design of synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences on those who matter most: the learners. In this workshop, you will learn basic methods for thinking about how your learners (and other stakeholders) make their way through your course or program, and how to design the best path for them to have a successful experience. You will learn about what an experience map is, and engage in hands-on activities that will culminate in a student journey map that you can use in your teaching and instructional design.
Note: This workshop is eligible for a digital badge for participants who complete all three workshops in the Learner Experience Design series. Upon completion of all three workshops, participants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify. A badge will be issued after confirming that all requirements have been met.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- differentiate between experience maps, journey maps, and blueprints.
- develop, share, and iterate upon a student journey map for a course, workshop, or program
- prototype a new, or iterate upon an existing course module using what you learned from building your student journey map
None, but Introduction to LX Design Method, Part 1 - Personas would be very helpful.
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- An overview of learner experience (LX) design and its uses
- A description and examples of experience mapping for online learning
- Creation of an individual experience map
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
- Faculty who teach in online and blended formats