Introduction to Learner Experience (LX) Design Methods, Part III: PrototypingTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Learner Experience (LX) Design utilizes well-established user experience (UX) design, service design, and design thinking methods to focus the design of synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences on those who matter most: the learners. In this workshop, you will learn what a prototype is, basic methods for prototyping a course design, and methods for getting learner feedback regarding usability, accessibility, and opportunities for iteration on your course design prototype. If you have previously completed the LX Design Part 1 or Part 2 workshops, you will have an opportunity to incorporate your previous work.
Note: This workshop is eligible for a digital badge for participants who complete all three workshops in the Learner Experience Design series. Upon completion of all three workshops, participants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify. A badge will be issued after confirming that all requirements have been met.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define prototyping in the context of course design.
- Develop, share, and iterate upon a course, workshop, or program prototype
- Apply what you have learned:
- Analyze prototypes, and provide feedback
- Iterate on your design prototype, based on feedback
None, but Introduction LX Design Methods, Part 1 - Personas and/or Introduction to LX Design Methods Part 2 - Experience Mapping workshops would enhance the workshop experience.
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- An overview of learner experience (LX) design and its uses
- A description and example uses (including a live demo) of prototyping
- Guides for how to prototype
- Creation of a prototype of an experience you are trying to create/demonstrate
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach in online and blended formats
- Instructional designers