Strategies to Foster Digital FluencyTrack : Online Learners
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
What does it mean to be digitally fluent? Why does it even matter? As the digital world evolves, we are provided with opportunities to be creators, curators and contributors to the vast realm of the Internet, no longer just consumers of information. This workshop will enhance the perception of what it means to be digitally fluent through a self-assessment activity. In addition, participants will develop a plan to work towards digital fluency competence in relationship to individual skills, as well as course curriculum development and effective student learning in the classroom.
- Assess current digital fluency skills and competencies
- Describe the importance of and the role of digital fluency in the digital learning space
- Create a plan to develop and enhance one's own digital fluency competencies
Create a plan to develop learners' digital fluency skills
This workshop is a seven day long, asynchronous learning experience beginning on a Monday and ending the following Sunday. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
- E-Learning Professionals
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A better understanding of 21st century digital skills, digital citizenship, and digital literacy and their importance to teaching and learning
- Completion of the 21st Century Digital Skills Self-Assessment Inventory to assess your own digital fluency strengths and weaknesses
- A personalized action plan to grow and develop your 21st century digital fluency skills
the creation of a learning activity to support the growth and development of your students’ digital fluency skills