Whether it is a customized eLearning training for your organization or an existing program from our expansive curriculum, the OLC Institute for Professional Development can help your organization meet its unique learning goals.
We develop a learning solution for your organization by drawing on our vast resources, including renowned subject matter experts and educators. Our Institute offerings are designed to model best practices, promote personal engagement, and incorporate practical application into daily teaching and leadership practices.
We start by performing a needs assessment via the following process:
- Defining your current and emerging learning objectives and measurable outcomes
- Analyzing your organization’s culture, structure, and confidentiality requirements
- Determining the best format for the educational experience: in-person, virtual, or a combination of both
- Considering the budget, location, and accessibility options for your group or team
Choose from our full curriculum and let us tailor the training to suit the specific needs of your institution or organization. You may also choose a topic of your own, and we will create a specialized program to meet your learning goals.
Our offerings include:
- Online, face-to-face, and blended delivery formats designed to fit your organization’s time frame and schedule
- Renowned faculty, facilitators, and trainers who are subject matter experts as well as skilled in engaging participants and supporting real-world application of learned skills
- Instructional design and project management support for your educational experience
Face-to-face, online and hybrid blended learning or online learning workshops on topics, including:
- Best practices in online and blending teaching and learning
- Faculty engagement
- Student engagement
- Teaching effectiveness
- Quality Scorecard implementation
- Course review using OSCQR
- Customized online teaching certificate programs in English and Spanish
- On-demand content based on the topic of your choice
"As a mother of a disabled son who graduated from college, I wish more teachers took the time to complete a course like this. I have a lot of exposure, experience and passion for this topic and I still learned a lot from this introductory course. I served as the ""reader"" for most of my son's college courses. In numerous classes, I could not read the test questions to him in time for him to complete online tests and quizzes within the time and one-half time frame he was allowed as part of his accommodations. One teacher set the quiz to 3 seconds per question. This course covers the basics for instances like that one and so much more. It's a great overview of Accessibility Issues and provides comprehensive resources that can be used in the future as well. I highly recommend this course as the place to start when designing online courses to increase accessibility for students of all types and abilities."
Anita Sego, Parent & Assistant Professor University of Central Arkansas (ADA Self-paced Workshop)