Online Learning Consortium Introduces OLC Collaborate, a Regional Event Series for Online Learning Professionals
First OLC Collaborate event, ‘The Changing University,’ takes place Feb. 24, at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center, in Kansas City, MO.
NEWBURYPORT, MA (Jan. 14, 2015) – The Online Learning Consortium (OLC), formerly The Sloan Consortium, kicks off the new year with the introduction of a new regional event series called OLC Collaborate. These regional, daylong events are focused on emerging trends and challenges in online learning. The first OLC Collaborate event, produced with academic partner University of Missouri, Kansas City, is scheduled for Feb. 24, in Kansas City, Missouri, and will focus on “The Changing University.”
OLC Collaborate – The Changing University: A Regional Discussion of the Extraordinary Change That Is Coming, a daylong event focused on:
- Innovation and Regulation: Exploring the co-existence of technology and evolving regulations
- Predictive Analytics: Innovative tools catalyzing and managing change within our institutions
- Competency-Based Learning: Deconstructing the traditional university model with new technologies
- Education in 2025: Shared observations for a regional response serving as a catalyst for change
Tuesday, February, 24, 2015 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm)
The Kauffman Foundation Conference Center, 4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110
OLC Collaborate brings together OLC members and non-members, practitioners (instructional designers, faculty), directors of online teaching and learning, and administrators (deans, provosts), and online learning professionals to:
- Hear from regional experts regarding current and emerging trends in online learning.
- Network and learn from other online learning professionals in the region.
- Collaborate with peers during group discussions on top-of-mind challenges that may impact the future of online learning.
Speakers for this event are:
- Marshall Hill, Executive Director, National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements, NC-SARA
- Angie Besendorfer, Ed.D., Missouri Chancellor, Western Governors University
- John Whitmer, Ed.D., Platform Analytics and Educational Research Director, Blackboard
- Devon A. Cancilla, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Online and Distance Learning, University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Kathleen S. Ives, D.M., Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Online Learning Consortium
FOLLOW THE DISCUSSION:
@OLCToday, #OLCcollaborate, #OLCconversations
- Event information and registration: http://olccollaborate.org
- Press inquiries: Eileen Pacheco, email@example.com, 508-888-7478
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC), formerly The Sloan Consortium, is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing the quality of online learning worldwide. The member-sustained organization offers an extensive set of resources for professional development and institutional advancement of online learning, including, original research, leading-edge instruction, best-practice publications, community-driven conferences and expert guidance. OLC members include educators, administrators, trainers and other online learning professionals, as well as educational institutions, professional societies and corporate enterprises. Visit https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/ for more information.