The Online Learning Consortium Opens Call for Submissions for the 2016 OLC Digital Learning Innovation Award
The award program recognizes faculty-led teams and institutions for advancing undergraduate student success through the adoption of digital courseware.
NEWBURYPORT, Mass. (March 15, 2016) — The Online Learning Consortium (OLC), the leading professional organization devoted to advancing the quality of online learning worldwide, invites entries for the 2016 OLC Digital Learning Innovation Award (#DLIAward), recognizing exemplary higher education faculty-led teams and institutions for advancing undergraduate student success through the adoption of digital courseware.
OLC is calling for submissions from accredited U.S.-based applicants in two categories:
- Institution Award, $100,000 to be awarded to up to three institutions that have showcased sustained innovation in the adoption and application of digital courseware that has resulted in improved undergraduate student success in gateway courses;
- Faculty-Led Team Award, $10,000 to be awarded to up to 10 faculty teams that have excelled in advancing and adopting digital courseware with a strong pedagogical focus and a sustained impact on undergraduate student success in gateway courses.
“The OLC Digital Learning Innovation Award is not merely about recognizing standouts in the field of online learning,” said Kathleen Ives, D.M., CEO and Executive Director, OLC. “It’s about discovering student-centered active learning solutions that advance the world of digital learning for all students. Recommendations and lessons learned will be shared in a series of public forums including webinars, white papers, and conference presentations. In addition, we anticipate communities of practice will evolve to further engagement and sharing. All of this is aimed at influencing the type of advancement and adoption of digital courseware that can help drive meaningful change.”
The DLIAward program is funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Postsecondary Success Program, which aims to help U.S. higher education become more personalized, flexible, clear, and affordable.
Judges will be looking for DLIAward submissions that focus on:
- Improving undergraduate student success, especially among minority, first generation and other disadvantaged student groups;
- Utilizing a focused lens on general education or gateway courses;
- Showcasing pedagogical impact through an effective use of digital courseware.
The deadline for submissions is 12:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2016. All applications must be submitted through the online submission portal. Winners will be announced at the OLC Accelerate conference, Nov. 16-18, in Orlando, Florida.
Informational Webinars & Resources for Applicants
OLC is hosting a series of informational webinars regarding the award criteria and application process. Upcoming webinars include:
- DATE CHANGE: March 30 webinar – 12 pm ET
- April 27 webinar – 1 pm ET
About Online Learning Consortium
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing the quality of online learning worldwide. The member-sustained organization offers an extensive set of resources for professional development and institutional advancement of online learning, including, original research, leading-edge instruction, best-practice publications, community-driven conferences and expert guidance. OLC members include educators, administrators, trainers and other online learning professionals, as well as educational institutions, professional societies and corporate enterprises. Visit https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/ for more information.